aligning the convertible frame

I have a 1989 convertible GT. Does anyone know of any guidelines for aligning the convertible frame? I recently had it covered and it doesn't seem like it's lining up correct with where it's coming to rest after being put back up. Of course, the latch-downs pull it into place, but it's sometimes a wrestle to get it in the ballpark to get the latch to catch before being secured.

Also, I've noticed that my top is moving slower and slower when being raised or lowered. Especially when being lowered, it needs a little shove to help get it going. What should I look at to troubleshoot this? Sound like the pump or motor starting to go?

Thanks in advance to everyone for all of your helpful suggestions!

Reply to
Steve