An Even Nastier (600+HP) GT500KR Is In The Works!

I love the madness of this new HP war!

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson

I read this before and think its great news!!! The more Ford gets involved with performance the more benefits we reap. IMO I would forget the Mustang chasing after the Corvette and stick to their own pony car division so it remains affordable and a tuner car. Ford should either retain the GT as in GT40, see if they can do a Pantera, or something from scratch to compete with the Vette and beyond. I love the idea of a mid engine too.

Can't wait to see the 3.5L 6 cylinder in the Mustang, would be so awesome to see an SVO version of this twin turbocharged like they are speculating for that up coming Lincoln model. Ford should have an entry 6 cylinder, then perhaps bump the 4.6 to a 5.0 and 5.4 bump up to a 5.8 (if thats what it comes out to be). Have some special models such as a Boss pushrod and also a big block. Ford also needs to incorporate shutting down cylinders for better fuel economy and trimming some weight.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1175653729.549082.55260 @n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

It's all stuff dreams are made of, as these cars will never reach the general public.

And yes, Shelby has not forgotten about their '07 owners. Shelby is making sure that everybody has an equal opportunity to get screwed over.

Reply to
Joe

Reminders: We haven't seen the final production numbers on the GT500, yet. And back in the 90's Ford stated a yearly production number for the Cobra Mustangs and never went over those numbers. That really sucked, as did SUPER low-production R models.

At least this time Ford has stated there won't be any cap on the numbers (on the GT500s). I say let's wait to see if they stick to their word. And if that doesn't make you happy, think about all the now considered 'weak' '03-04 Cobras hitting the used car market after their owners dump them to get buy the new GT500s.

As for the GT500KRs and 'super KRs', while it's unlikely we'll ever be able to enjoy one of these car, at least some of their parts will be able to be used on lesser Mustangs.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L