Another Japanese Supercar Bound For The US

The Competition Report

We already have the WRX/STi and Evolution, so next up... the Skyline GT-R. Yep, looks like it'll arrive in 2007.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Sweet, I used to like the old skylines. Don't see too many of them around though. Erik D. '94 white lightnings

Reply to
Erik D.

Those are SuperCars? They are nice, but Super?

Reply to
Gill

On Tue, 04 May 2004 03:15:30 GMT, "Gill" wrote something wonderfully witty:

My thoughts exactly. There is a separate category of cars called Super-Cars. Nothing from Japan is in that category. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

"ZombyWoof" wrote

Acura NSX

Reply to
Scott Williams

Not very super, handles well but kinda slow for the $$.

Reply to
WraithCobra

How about the Supra?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Not unless you call my Cobra or a ZO6 Vette a supercar, I don't even consider the Viper a supercar. Ford GT, S7, Diablo, Enzo, now those are supercars.

Reply to
WraithCobra

On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:33:54 -0600, "Scott Williams" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Close but no cigar. I think one of the requirements to enter the Super-Car domain is a six figure price tag. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

You call the STi a supercar ???

Isn't the current G35 basically a skyline ? So would that be the G35 R or something ??

Rein

That's what I thought. The Skyline's already here in the G35.

Rein wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Joe

I thought the Skyline was discontinued?

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

You must be joking. The G35 is NOT a skyline. The nissan skyline is just about the baddest car to come out of japan (ok, so that's not saying too much). The last skyline (R34) might make "only" about 300 bhp but you can mod them to 450+ really easily. There are quite a few

1000+ bhp skylines in japan.

They've stopped production of the skyline now. There is an R35 but it's concept only.

Reply to
Sven

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sven) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Bzzt! One more chance:

The Japanese Skyline comes in different flavors. But basically, the G35 _is_ a Skyline.

Again, the G35 is basically the current Nissan Skyline sold in Japan. End of story. Sianara.

Joe

Ok, in the same way an automatic convertible is a mustang then yes. But the G35 bears no resemblance to a GT-R Skyline.

Reply to
Sven

From some fantasycars group:

The infinity G35 is a Skyline, in Japan, but we are used to Skylines beeing reffered to R3_, but the G35 is a different body style, the V. The two body styles are the V3_ and the R3_. The modern G35 is a V34, like the newest Skyline is the R34. The GT-R coming to America will be a V35, and the R series will be discontinued. Oh, and the G35 are also GT-R's in Japan.

Reply to
Richard

I don't know where you got that info from but a G35 is not a GT-R skyline. There is no new equivalent to the GT-R in America or anywhere else. There will be in the future but not yet.

Sven

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sven) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

That page is a concept from back in '01. The current GTR is basically a souped-up Nissan 240SX. Unless Nissan does magic with safety standards and emissions, the GTR will never legally see the US. The current Skyline that's running around in Japan is basically the Infinity G35.

Joe

Last I heard from talking to a kid I know in Japan, there was emissions problems that led to Nissan de-tuning the Skyline for the Japanese market. I don't know how accurate that information would be though - just because he lives there doesn't mean he knows.

I was in Japan last year and saw a few Skylines running around, but I was mostly in city areas, and driving there is almost pointless. Much faster to take a train, and in some cases, just walk. Personally, of what I saw, the Skyline of maybe 4-5 years ago was probably my favorite bodystyle. I didn't care much for the latest rendition.

Most of what I saw there would make a Fiesta look like a big car. Oddly enough, German cars are pretty big for the affluent city dwellers (lots of Mercedes and a few Porsches). Most people with cars tend to just buy something that'll get them from place to place. I think I saw maybe one "riced out" car. That was nowhere near the brand new black Vette cruising the streets of downtown Osaka listening to Eminem though. That one made me laugh, as I didn't expect to see nor hear that...

JS

Reply to
JS

ROTFLMAO!!!!!