Antelope Valley Ford Dealer SUCKs

I never went to any other car dealer that wanted to "Charge" to see if a problem was warranty related. I have a brake related problem. The ford dealer wants to charge me 81.00 dollars to verify the problem. I bought the 5 yr. 100,000. thousand mile warranty. It doesn't sound right. Oh sure you get the money back if these is a problem, But only if you get the problem fixed there. A 231. dollar brake job? And not even metallic or semi metallic pads, just what ever came with the car. I thought the customer was a valued commodity at ford. I guess not. So I wonder if I get in a wreck (And don't lose my life) from the warranty problem that they refused to look at, Just how much would they have to pay? for that matter How much would the wife and kids get if I didn't? "From Both the Dealer and the Manufacture". Well off to Corporate, And the Bureau of automotive repair, And the Better Business Bureau.

To Bad I was beginning to like Ford again.

Reply to
Billstein

I think they are all the same.Once they got your money they dont care what happens after that

Andrew

To Bad I was beginning to like Ford again.

Reply to
me

-------------------

Yes. It's a shame. Seems that almost all dealerships are pretty much the same. The bad part is that the dealer service departments make the manufacturer look bad. For instance, I've heard people stomp out of a Ford dealership muttering "I'll never buy a Ford again"... meanwhile, the car itself was really not the problem, it was just bad service. I think manufacturers should really clamp down on their service departments and make sure they behave. When I bought my Mustang, the sales people were great, the whole buying experience was excellent, the car itself is great... but when I went to the dealer service department to have something checked on my car, I immediately felt abandoned... they started treating me like meat, trying to rip me off... fortunately I know enough about cars not to allow them to rob me. But, I was really disappointed once I dealt with the service department. This will not keep me from buying another Ford though... I will buy whatever car I feel is best for my needs and desires, period. But, I would have REALLY been impressed if the Ford service department was as cool as their sales department... but again, seems that all dealer service departments are the same. I have never been to a dealer service shop that wasn't trying their hardest to suck every last penny out of your pocket, and then not even necessarily doing excellent work on your car.... they grab as much money as they can, and then get your car out the door as fast as they can, that's it. It sucks. I think it's imperative that every car owner attempt to learn about their cars, and when possible, learn how to do basic maintenance, oil changes, brakes, etc.... these types of jobs are really pretty easy, as long as you are careful and pay attention... anytime you can keep from having to bring your car in to any shop is a good thing.

Reply to
Fred

In AV you're a captive audience so to speak...

I recommend contacting Ford via hotline and letter with documentation to establish that it ws sent, who receoted for it, etc, in case you have to follow up if you don't hear anything. with your complaint. AND check to see if there is a recall or product bulletin. There are a number of online places which list things like recalls (Consumer Product Safety, etc).

As for the accident scenario... they didn't "refuse" to look at it, you "declined" to meet their policy about paying a fee... soooo, you get zip except what your insurance covers UNLESS the insurance company can show that you knew there was a propblem and failed to get it taken care of which, through your "negligence" resulted in an accident. And in that case, the fine print probably says they don't have to pay even if life or limb are lost. Just as most insurance companies coverage ends the moment you enter into an "illegal (street racing) act, or act which is inherently risky (legal racing)....

You're cruising down the freeway, just a little above the speed limit, the car ahead suddenly stops and you hit it because your brakes didn't work properly.... You were performing an illegal act (speeding) which is enough (technically) to relieve the insurance co of responsibility. They may pay off anyway, but in many cases your insurance would be immediately cancelled... then try to get insurance elsewhere at a reasonable cost.

Now, which is more expensive? The $80 fee? The $231 brake job? Or the loss of insurance coverage? being out of a vehicle? Or the pain and suffering over the loss of limb or life of yourself (born by your survivors) or of a loved one (which you'd have to live with)?

The customer has not been a valued commodity in many years except at individual dealerships which are customer friendly. Too many of them know that if they can't get your money, they can get someone else's money. And that's not just cars; it's everything. The small "mom and pop" type businesses where the customer matters have been gobbled up by the giants who don't care because there is next to no competition.

Dave PS: N>I never went to any other car dealer that wanted to "Charge" to see if a

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

I would not hesitate to contact corporate. I am sure you would get results. Luckily I have a good dealer here that bends over backwards for customer service.

Doglips

Reply to
MrDoglips

Doglips, Could you share Your dealer's information?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed
5 Star Ford in N. Richland Hills, Texas

Doglips

Reply to
MrDoglips

I did not realize that worn out brake pads were supposed to be covered by warranty.

Reply to
SVTKate

I KNEW you were trouble from the beginning ;¬D

| 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; )

That is just too cool!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

A few points to consider:

-How much pad is left on your brakes? The dealer should check this for free when you drop the car off. The service writer usually has a tool on his keychain for just that

-If you need brakes, they are not covered by any warranty for any manufacturer (pads and rotors)

-A $231 brake job is actually not that bad, but I couldn't tell from your e-mail what that involved.

-Any other issues with your brakes could be checked while the brake job is being done, that's part of the service. If any parts like calipers, pistons, etc, need replacement, that should be under warranty, if your extended warranty covers that (bumper to bumper). Some extended warranties cover only drivetrain.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Gee, thanks, Kate! Being the new kid on the block around here, so to speak, I sorta got the impression YOU were trouble (the fun kind)... And what happens when two trouble makers get together? MISCHIEF and FUN!!! LOL!!

Dave

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

The entire world is like this now. The customer is very rarely right and #1 anymore. Its all about making money, and once theyve got it they could care less about you.

FJ

Reply to
WhyteStang

Oh Yea! That's the best kind of trouble!

Ask anyone here, they'd better lie and tell you I am the locak sweetheart.

*wink*

Kate

| >I KNEW you were trouble from the beginning | >;¬D | >

| >| 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | >| Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | >

| >That is just too cool! | >

| >Kate | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

Yep! That's what they all said....(the cattle prods helped get them to speak) and that was the dead give away.... Apparently, you're mischief incarnate, just looking for a place to land and spread mirth; ) The only complaint I heard was that you were buying those local testimonials dirt cheap... LOL Seems like everyone who said that worked at a gas station..... something about they wanted to provide full service and you wanted to pump your own gas just to save a nickle... *Oh Yea!

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Ok, With tjmaxx aside. I found a good dealership with 30.dollar diagnostic. They will drive me to work and pick me up after so they can help my girl in her time of need. Heck they adjusted my alarm (the radar was to sensitive) for free. Sunrise Ford in Burbank. Wow what a difference..

Reply to
Billstein