Antique 1971 Mustang Mach I

Voice mail: (819) 669-5980 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca

Antique 1971 Mustang Mach I

Serial number (1F05M226363) retraced, built in Dearborn, Michigan, U.S.A during 1970, engine from Cleveland, Ohio. 2nd owner (purchased 1982), never raced, entered car shows, longest and heaviest Mustang produced, blueprinted

351 Cobra Jet (modified Cleveland), dyno tested 385 H.P., reprogrammed shift kit C6/ 3 speed floor transmission, safety checked and stored in heated garage (NO ultraviolet, rain, snow, sleet, etc.) since 1989, classic status in 1991, have all papers; antique after 1996 = accruing investment now, invested approximately $24,000.00, have ALL bills and photos of restoration process in organized file, everything (suspension, cooling, front end, rear end, interior, electrical, braking, exhaust, engine, transmission, chrome, windows, etc.) redone from 1982 to 1987, all new sheet metal (NO fiberglass), 3rd paint job, professional evaluation $17,000 in 1989, market value (2000 - 1989) = 11 years x $1,500.00/yr appreciation ~ $33,500.00 approximately and increasing, Hot Rod magazine to corroborate estimated value, antique = CANNOT depreciate!, new owner should be mechanically inclined, reason for selling.need money NOW! Asking $17,500.00 (cnd) or b.o. Serious replies only please (NO time for dreamers or "test pilots").
Reply to
Tony Brisebois

Tony,

Once again, your continued posting of this car will not get you a sale here, especially not with your faulty logic. Your appraisal was for insurance replacement, and not for market value, so that gets thrown right out the window as well. Same goes for your $1,500 annual appreciation, I've got to ask, where did you ever come up with a number like that.................I've said it before, and I'll say it again, your pricing is far too high. Even as an asking price, hoping that someone will make you an offer lower is a fantasy that will not appear. With your asking price as high as it is, your scaring people off. You really want to sell the car, it's time to rewrite your ad, and lower the price to something like $12,000 (Canadian funds), and hope someone offers you $10,000 (canadian funds) for it...........Otherwise, your again in for the long haul.................

Just my continuing two cents worth on this subject. (insert heavy sarcasm here) But what would I know about selling Mustangs................

Bill S.

T> Voice mail: (819) 669-5980

Reply to
Bill S.

Is the "All Calls Recorded" part because he is trying to discourage everyone from calling him and telling him what an IDIOT he is for asking in the neighborhood of $12,000 too much for his $3,000 dollar LTD?

Reply to
351CJ

Wholly crap!! $33,500~! Talk about delusional!!

This must be the same guy that's trying to sell a 76 LTD around here. This guy has LITERALLY been advertising this 14,000 mile LTD for (4) years now!

He started out asking $22k back in 1999. I think he's down to $17k now!

I'll look for his ad and link it here.

Reply to
Katmandu

Wow! He actually dropped the price to $15,000!

Maybe he'll trade even up for the 71 Mach I ???

AD SPECIFICATIONS

YEAR 1976 MAKE FORD MODEL LTD PRICE $17,500.00 LOCATION ENGLEWOOD, OH CONTACT NUMBER (937) 836-2468

DESCRIPTION 1976 Ford LTD, V8 400, 2-door, air, RnH, pb/ps, 15, 400 Miles, LN, Absolutely Perfect, Still Clean underneath, Garaged since new, Orig owner, Never in rain or snow, Dark brown, half vinyl tan top, Not Misprint! Appriased at $17, 500 SERIOUS CALLS ONLY! Sacrifice for $15, 000! All Calls Recorded! (937)836-2468 ENGLEWOOD

Reply to
Katmandu

My buddy picked up a 1977 Country Squire--basically an LTD station wagon--for $400 and it's our thrasher when we party out in the desert house.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina

Somehow, I don't think you'll have this problem. This is exactly what happens when you learn the hard lesson that sometimes you'll never get

*out* of a car what you put *in* to it.
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

I wish I could remember what that like 50 mile pinto went for a few years back. It certainly wasn't over 10K though..

Reply to
Brent P

It looks like it's raining (or a melting snow) in the picture. :)

Reply to
Brent P

I think folks should call him and leave a message on his answering machine telling him what a GREEDY bonehead he is being ! ;>) ;>)

Reply to
Katmandu

You say that like it's a *good* thing...

Let me take a test drive, and I'll prove to you that it indeed *can* depreciate, and quickly! ;)

Which is why you've been repeating the EXACT SAME AD (except for raising the price) regularly since at least 2001, right?

Sounds like you don't really need the money NOW. Indeed, it sounds like you don't really want to sell it at all since you keep raising the price when it doesn't sell, and that's just bass-ackwards.

Either lower your price to something a little more reasonable (CA$10,000 or less would probably be inside the ballpark), or use a dealer to sell it on consignment. In any case, _quit_posting_your_ad_here_; It is not appreciated, you have been asked repeatedly to quit by the on-record group coordinator and others, and I guarantee that you will find no buyers here.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

That always kills me when folks advertise how much of there $$ the have "invested" in a Restoration project. Kinda like they think that will ad to the value of the car or something. Most of these folks that do that use the MOST expensive place to get their parts/work from. These folks fail to realize that Investment price RARELY equals the best Value.

Stick it on Ebay and let the Market bear the REAL value!

Reply to
Katmandu

The guy is too embarrased to reply here now !!

Andrew

That always kills me when folks advertise how much of there $$ the have "invested" in a Restoration project. Kinda like they think that will ad to the value of the car or something. Most of these folks that do that use the MOST expensive place to get their parts/work from. These folks fail to realize that Investment price RARELY equals the best Value.

Stick it on Ebay and let the Market bear the REAL value!

-- ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Eng>

Reply to
me