anybody else attempt to buy from Brandon Ford in Tampa ??......

I called Brandon in Tampa to hopefully take advantage of their great MACH 1 prices as mentioned by Paul late last week...and was told I ~-have-~ to fly in to sign papers ? I just can't have financing and papers Fedexed back and forth. Having the car delivered was no problem. I am in Wisconsin and they wouldn't deal with me unless I flew down to sign papers. They would definitely hold a car but.. jeese.

..and they told me my rebate was only good for $2000 when I know by my zipcode it is $2500.

What is up with all of this ?

I want to buy a car sight unseen..not even a test drive and I can't even do that.

Not pissed.. just don't know the reason they won't deal over the phone and Fedex. : \

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

I called Brandon in Tampa to hopefully take advantage of their great MACH 1 prices as mentioned by Paul late last week...and was told I ~-have-~ to fly in to sign papers ? I just can't have financing and papers Fedexed back and forth. Having the car delivered was no problem. I am in Wisconsin and they wouldn't deal with me unless I flew down to sign papers. They would definitely hold a car but.. jeese.

..and they told me my rebate was only good for $2000 when I know by my zipcode it is $2500.

What is up with all of this ?

I want to buy a car sight unseen..not even a test drive and I can't even do that.

Not pissed.. just don't know the reason they won't deal over the phone and Fedex. : \

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

Reply to
Bill

I would also go with Bill Currie Ford in Tampa, that's where I bought my car from and they were great...I would use Bill Currie over Brandon anyday. Email me if you need some info on Bill Currie...BTW...they did have some Mach 1's and Cobra's in stock when I bought my stang.

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I took my car to Brandon Ford after it was stolen and damaged. They did a great job. However, I asked the body shop manager to call me when they have the dashboard off so I could have a chance to have them replace my heater core...never received a call...before I knew it the new dash was already on and my new heater core still sitting in the box....I was a little upset but the repair quality outweighed it..

95 GT
Reply to
RioRedGT

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:27:21 GMT, "DaveZ" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Stupidity on all parts concerned. Also, Rebates can be regional.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

well I have to post.. Paul the owner of Brandon called me today and really explained why it is extremely hard to sell a car without the owner physically taking delivery..He said try to imagine the problem both the dealer and buyer would have if a perfect car was loaded on a carrier at the dealer and it arrived to the new owner's home all scratched, dirty or worse yet covered in "love-bug" splats, which he said literally eat the paint if not cleaned within a day or so. The buyer expects the car in perfect shape.. The dealer sent it in perfect shape and usually the only recourse in paint problems is to take the car back to the dealer where it was purchased. In my case, Wisconsin to Florida. Yikes !

Once he mentioned this, I completely understood. It makes 110% correct sense and really the only way to insure both parties are happy is for the buyer to drive it away.

I really appreciate the fact he called to explain this to me personally.

Thank you Paul.

Not sure what I am going to do now though. It looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the Ford rebate unless it is extended. I can look at GTs I suppose. Their rebates are going through till 30th of Sept.

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

There are quite a few carriers that will pick up and deliver a car in an enclosed trailer rather than an open one. Some of them are fully insured against any kind of damage to the vehicle and specialize in transport of rare and exotic cars. I checked on the cost for one of those carriers from Tampa to where I live in NH (about 1450 miles), the cost was about $1050.

Reply to
Dennis