Anyone else? Problem getting gas into 06 Mustang?

Has anyone else had problems filling the 06 Mustang Pony with gas. The first time it happened to me was Dec 27 06 on a trip to Florida. A dealer said there was a bulletin out on it and replaced the filler neck.

That was OK until the last few weeks. I am still having intermittent problems. The latest was today.

When I reported it to my local dealer they said it may be a problem with the filler nozzles at various stations. That maybe true, but I have never had these problems with any other car in over 50 years of driving.

Any insight would be welcomed.

Bill Jarrett

Reply to
Bill & Gail

If it doesn't do it to every car, the problem is your car, not the nozzle. They need to fix it. I've never had a filling problem on a car, only trucks...

Good Luck

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Yes I've had the same problem. It was with a rented '06 Mustang. The problem is with the filler neck and some (not all) types of gas nozzles. The ones I used at Chevron stations worked fine, the ones at 76 didn't work at all. Your milage may vary.

Haven't had the problem anywhere on my '07 Mustang, so I think Ford found and fixed the problem. If yours isn't fixed, take it back to the dealer.

Reply to
<nospam

You're not alone, as reported by visitors to this page:

or
Post number 28 on this page gives the PDF for the TSB:
or
I had one occurrence of this when trying to "top off" before a trip, from a pump that always works otherwise, if beginning with a low fuel level in the tank. No other problems.

Reply to
Frank ess

or

or

I neglected to add: several people reported success when they turned the nozzle upside-down.

Reply to
Frank ess

Thanks guys!

Bill

Reply to
Bill & Gail

Bill,

I took delivery of a new 2007 Deluxe V6/5speed in June of this year. The first time I put gas in it at my favorite station, I encountered the fill problem. The pump cuts off instantly. After twisting and turning the nozzle in the filler neck, I hit upon a position where the fuel flowed without cutting off. It is absolute frustration and I've never seen this problem in any other car in 40 years of driving.

I found a local station with one pump that will fill the tank on slow flow.

It is my understanding there is a service bulletin to replace the fuel tank on

2005 and some 2006 models. The "fix" was put into production during the 2006 model year. It would seem to me this problem is not fixed.

Kindest regards, Gary

Reply to
connor

I'm beginning to believe my posts aren't reaching this group:

or

Reply to
Frank ess

I haven't had this problem with my 07 GT. I have had a problem with my 05 Sport Trac where the fuel nozzle rubs on the side of the car. Itys not a problem when the nozzle is rubber but when it is metal that rubs it can actually chip the paint, which it did the first time I put a nozzle in the car.

> or

Reply to
udontknowme

Hey Bill,

Yepper there is a problem with filling up!! The actual bulletin is for the tank, not the filler neck. I have a an 06 and had many problems. My dealer replaced the tank and no help. For months they told me there was no fix and I should just hold the gas nozzle between

90 and 180 degrees. Finally, the dealer "adjusted" the filler neck to a different position and it's worked pretty well (just replacing the filler neck won't do it) but, I still have an ocassional problem. Your dealer can contact Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad, CA for more info. The actual problem is the gas tank and the way it "saddles" the rear end. It builds up a back pressure when filling and causes the the gas station nozzles to falsely shutoff. Very frustrating to say the least!! Godd luck!
Reply to
The MadMan