Anyone have this problem 07 Mustang?

during a heavy rain, water will build up on the thresshold of the door. Worse on the driver side. I have had it back to the dealer twice. They cleaned the drains and they said it was water backing up inside the door and leaking out under the upholstery.

BS! The drains are clear and pretty dry. The water is pooling to the *inside* of the door seal. The seal is doing its job and ..well...sealing. this prevents the water from draining out.

24 hours after a good rain, I went out and opened the door and a couple of ounces of water poured out onto the ground. The other 4 cars, not Mustangs, in the driveway did not do this. Next day I drove to the dealership and when I pulled into the service area and opened the door to get out, another couple of ounces poured out. So, it was dry, I drove it in dry weather, but the driving caused more water to appear. To me that means it is pooling somewhere it is not supposed to be and the movement caused more of it to land on the thresshold.

The dealer said they pulled another new car off the lot and hosed it down and it did just the same thing. So, there solution is ..."they all do that."

I live in New England. A pool of water on the thresshold, besides rust issues, will freeze in the winter and if you can get the door open, you may bend the hinges.

Anyone else experience this?

Norman

My 2002 GT had a leak and on the third trip back they decided to remove the windshield and found a 12 inch gap with no sealant. Installed a new windshield and it never leaked again.

Reply to
Martin

Norman,

The '05 and '06 model years have been plagued with leaks from poorly sealed cable runs through the firewall. Depending on the location of the leak the water can appear inside the knee walls, on the front floorboards, and other places inside the driving compartment.

While this may not be the cause in your case, I would start by checking each and every cable that passes through your firewall for a proper seal. I resealed many of mine (even those that didn't appear loose) with a good quality high temp silicone sealant.

Good luck...

mark h

Reply to
Mark Henry

I have an '05 GT and have driven through very heavy rain on the highway --- no leaks. Guess they did a good job on the seals here.

John B.

Reply to
John B.