Anyone wanna see the new ride?

:-) Hey now, I'm 37 so your 50's make me look like a youngen'!!

Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

My father in law got a 540i when we were at their place for Xmas 2002. I went with him to pick it up in Lubbock, TX. He traded in a really nice Lexus SC300 for it (my wife wasn't too happy with that choice). Nice car, smooth almost to the point of being boring.

As always... too bad I'm not in the market.

Steve

72 Skylark

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

Blasphemy! You're gonna rot in hell for sure, Mike. ;)

Speaking of audio, have you heard HD Radio yet? I'm seeing that some receivers are HD-ready, and Panasonic has a unit that receives HD as is. HD-FM is supposed to be CD-quality, and HD-AM is supposed to be the same quality as current FM. Can't wait to hear it..

Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.commando (CrotchViper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com:

Very cool! So how can we hear it? Any clips?

SSDD.

Don't tell me you "just happened to sign on and you saw your name". Kevin McEvoy did the same thing a week or so ago. Out of the blue. Karma? Can I somehow transfer this energy into the winning Lotto numbers?

Like the rest of the world..

It's not in the garage, eh?

LOL! I love it. "The dad". Wonder if my son calls me that..

Yah, those Beemers are tiny. What surprised me was how much room the Mini had. Sat in one at the car show a few months ago.

Life is good. I'm alive, I can drive a Mustang, and I play my Strat through an original '70s Marshall tube 50-watt combo.

Nice to see you back, Sam.

Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com:

Just like a 500-hp motor. Overkill, but necessary. ;)

Gotta check out all those music pix, not to mention all those fabulous cars.

Joe

hang on, I'll turn it up real loud. Actually, no way to hear me unless you are unfortunate enough to be my neighbor. Lately I've been teaching myself the piano though, that's a task and a half.

Well you're not going to believe me now, but that's precisely the case...and yes. 22-64-18-39-7. Play it tomorrow ;)

Yeah, I was trying to avoid all that.

Well it certainly will be, just as soon as I own it :)

LoL, well, he earned it, I guess.

really, I haven't scoped one out yet. I like those (and I'll admit it!) and I'm vaguely in the market to get rid of the Wrangler. How anyone puts up with THOSE infernal machines I'll never understand.

Good to hear it, Joe. I'll have to keep track a little closer, I figured all of my pals had run for the hills in this group.

Sam The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1) Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com.

Reply to
CrotchViper

Thanks you too man. As I said to Joe in an extremely private conversation that I'm sure you'll never see, I figurd that most of the old gang would have been gone by now. I'll be back a bit more now that life has settled a bit.

Sam

The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1) Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com.

Reply to
CrotchViper

Nice lookin' ride Mike. I think if I ever decide to buy a mid-size luxury car I'd have to go with the Lincoln LS V8 myself but those Bimmers do drive like a dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

snipped-for-privacy@aol.commando (CrotchViper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com:

Wow, that's kind of doing it the hard way. I learned piano first, then picked up guitar. Piano is sort of the basis for other instruments, so it's good that you're getting into it. Best of luck with it.

OK. I just missed out on $27 million last week - it rolled over for 3 or 4 weeks in a row or something like that. A single person got the whole thing last week.

LOL!

When you get one, don't make the mistake of using your garage as a huge closet. I believe that the car should go in there.

Good point. It just struck me funny - "The dad" sort of sounds like he's an inanimate object. I'm sure my son thinks of me that way a lot of times..

I can't believe what those things cost! Over $25k for a freakin' Jeep. I like Jeeps though - my best buddy in high school had one and we used to go nuts in it. The Minis are pretty cool. Never driven one, but I hear they're like driving an oversized go-kart.

Yes, do stop in once in a while. Always a pleasure to talk. Most of the old guys are gone, but there are still a few of us hanging out. Literally. ;)

Joe

Thanks, and yeah I know. It's going pretty well so far, IMO. I've already taught myself a bunch of other instruments, I figured it's time. The hardest part is to get the two hands going simultaneously. I can play some cool jazz stuff, and some classic rock (i.e. Ringo's song on the White Album and some Procol Harum stuff) so long as I plan it correctly. So how can I hear some of your stuff?

Man, all that money and no spouse to blow it on! ;) If you win big with those numbers I expect a full repaint on my stang as a finder's fee.

Oh, I won't, believe me. My two necessities when I'm ready to buy a house are a garage and a basement. I haven't had a basement in 20 years...and I'm not too old.

I don't think of him as inanimate, so to speak, but most of the time it is more buddy-buddy than father and son. We're both very thick headed sometimes. :)

Yeah the new ones are way overpriced in my opinion. I have a '93 that some days I just want to push into a lake. That jeep feels like it hasn't had anything other than cosmetic changes since its WW2 days.

Hehehe, I scrolled through last night and saw a CobraJet post, is he back in the ring or is he just visiting?

sam

The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1) Boycott horsepowered.com and it's parent company 2playcorp.com.

Reply to
CrotchViper

snipped-for-privacy@aol.commando (CrotchViper) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

A friend of mine has an Internet radio station and we do shows all the time. Sometimes we'll just play guitars together on the air, other times we'll have local bands in and do impromtu shows and jam sessions. Check out

for details. If we're not doing live shows, there's almost always a replay on. BTW, we broadcast in MP3Pro, which is CD-quality. If you have Winamp and the MP3Pro Decoder (both of which you can get on the station web site), you can listen in CD-quality stereo anywhere in the world. If you have decent speakers on the computer, the sound is awesome. The only catch is that you have to sign up with Live365.com, but it's a freebie. Sam, if you call us up while we're on the air live one night, we'll put you over the air. I'm sure the Peavy will be loud enough to be heard through the phone... ;)

No problem. Hey, screw the paint job - I'll get you a new Mustang. As long as we're dreaming, what the hell..

No basements in SoFla. If you dig a few feet you hit water. That's also why there are very few graveyards down here. Everyone's buried above ground.

I know that feeling. I'm German and Italian split right down the middle. Got some great cooking from my grandmothers growing up though.

I think my buddy's Jeep was a 74 or something. Great vehicle - we beat the hell out of it going offroading back up in NJ. Took it to Vermont and ran around in the woods through about 5 feet of snow; went all over the place with it. Never rolled it though.

CJ's usually over in AHPBBFM, but he pops in here once in a while. Like most of us, old age has tamed him a bit. Thunder Alley's long gone..

Joe

:-) BTW the coupe I was looking at was Reef Blue, I found out.

//Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (TurboMike) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

Reef Blue is a bit darker - I've seen some '93 Cobras that color. Real nice.

Joe