AODE 4R70W Automatic Transmission SHUDDER FIX

I have a 95 Mustang 3.8L V6 with a AODE auto box

The trans has developed a "shudder" when shifting gear. I have been told that most 92-97 Mustangs this this trans has this problem ?.

Searching on the net lead me to a company selling "a shudder fix" module

I would like to know or hear from anybody who has fitted this module, does it work or am I wasting $100 ?

Reply to
Alex Honnor

Before buying the module read this TSB

I had thesame problem. However, I also needed a tanny rebuild so I opted to replacethe torque converter with a High Stall unit.

Reply to
Richard

Before trying the module have you had the transmission fluid changed, or better yet, a full flush done on it? That will often cure the shudder. There is also a product, lube-guard I think, that can be added to the ATF to help prevent shuddering.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher