Are 1997 though 2001 Mustangs reliable

I am looking to by a 1998 - 2003 Mustang, but I would like to here from other people who have them...

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Ben

They are wonderful go buy one and see for yourself ;0)

Doglips

Reply to
Doglips

I have a 2000 that I bought new in Oct. 1999. 75,000 miles so far. I've had to replace an A/C compressor under warranty, and the pinion gear was whining, also fixed under warranty.

Ben wrote:

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

I have a '98 GT. The tranny failed in a few weeks, but Ford replaced the T-45 for free (minor yelling required) under warranty; no problems since then.

- I love it, a bonus.

- Some kids & neighbors are jealous. Double bonus.

- Wife won't drive it. Jackpot.

Reply to
Bob WIllard

Hey there Ben...

I owned a 1998 GT, the air conditioning compressor failed (replaced under warranty) and a rear axle bearing problem (traded car in). No other problems. I loved the car, and it was always trustworthy.

I now own a 2002 GT vert, no problems whatsoever. Can't wait to throw on a set of Flowmasters and a shift kit.

If you buy a Mustang, get the V8. You won't be sorry.

Drano

'02 GT vert Black on black on black... Drano - Intolerant of Net stupidity.

Reply to
Drano the Spam Killer

I have a 98 Cobra. This has been the best car I have ever owned. She is reliable, fun and has given me a trouble free 58k miles. of course she is... spoiled rotten sleeps in the garage not ever abused in any way.

Kate

| > snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net | >

| | Hey there Ben... | | I owned a 1998 GT, the air conditioning compressor failed (replaced | under warranty) and a rear axle bearing problem (traded car in). No | other problems. I loved the car, and it was always trustworthy. | | I now own a 2002 GT vert, no problems whatsoever. Can't wait to throw | on a set of Flowmasters and a shift kit. | | If you buy a Mustang, get the V8. You won't be sorry. | | Drano | | '02 GT vert | Black on black on black... | Drano - Intolerant of Net stupidity.

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Barbara Meek