Attention Old Farts

Some of us illustrious types in the BB forum are shifting the occasional carbureted small block Ford talk into the alt.autos.cougar newsgroup. This is to keep our FAQ intact, and also to revive a group that was dragged into the mire when the '99-up Cougar owners infested the place with all kinds of whining about their piles of shit.

If you are interested in participating, please post there about your

260, 289, 302, and 351W carbed engines and related componentry. Even if your Cougar is a Mustang, who's gonna care?

As a reminder, myself and the other Thunder Snakes (you've seen sigs with TS#'s) inhabit alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury. This covers Cleveland, FE, and 385 engine families, and all parts to all cars factory equipped with them.

I just purchased a '70 Torino Brougham that will morph along the lines of a magazine project car. The first post for this just went into AHPBBFM. Subsequent related posts will have [Torino} in the subject line. The budget for this buildup has already been set aside.

Things are a little different over there, so I suggest reading some past posts beforehand. Thanks, and I hope to see you soon.

Cordially,

Reply to
CobraJet

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Sign up for a free text-only news account with news.individual.net. All you need is a valid e-mail address for them to send you your password.

V'ger wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

alt.autos.cougar

infested

Reply to
Joe

Actually, it's alt.autos.mercury.cougar. CJ either fuki upi or laid a trap!

Reply to
John

Well, I did f*ck up, but what could I possibly be laying a trap for? I'm trying to promote more posting to relevant groups.

Reply to
CobraJet

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Dunno. You amaze me sometimes, so I half subconsciously typed in the last part. Call it a brain fart.

Reply to
John

Yeah, I saw it wasn't even on Google, and I said what the . . . . so, I slowed down and looked around and there is was!

Reply to
John

Reply to
67RMod

Beginning in 1975 the T-Bird and Cougar were basically the same car, other than trim. Before that the T-bird and the Lincoln Marks III and IV shared a chassis, while the Cougar was a Mustang equivalent. In the late '70's the Cougar name got put on the Fox (Fairmont/Zephyr) platform and was spread all over the place, including even four door station wagons. Then the Cougar and T-Bird were reunited, first as a Fox-based two-door, then as the IRS models (again sharing with the Lincoln Marks). Finally, the T-Bird went out of production and the Cougar became the V-6 front-driver.

So probably the Cougar name has been through more changes than any other in Detroit history.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Interesting... never realized they went through so many changes, but now that you mention it, I can picture them. I always loved the Mustang-platform Cougars, in partcular the "7 Litre" models of the late

60s. Gonna have to find one to add to the Mustang collection I plan to have...
Reply to
67RMod