Auto electric question

I need to buy a 150 amp in-line fuse. Going on 6 gauge wire from solenoid to new 135 Amp alternator. Where to buy. The local parts stores do not carry anything like this. Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Just what the hell are you wiring - the sound system to a Motley Crew concert?

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Nah, Powermaster recomends a 150 amp fuse for my new alternator. Wire runs from the post on the alt. to the solenoid. They said to use 8 gauge wire. I already have about 10' of 6 gauge so I will probably use it. They (Powermaster) said I don't have to use a fuse but it is protection for a high $$ alt. Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Try using a breaker switch instead. It'll cost more, but you won't have to buy replacement fuses.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I saw some of those. But none were close to 150 amp. Do you know were I can get a switch? Claud

Reply to
Claud Spinks

Reply to
Claud Spinks