avon tires....

It's time to get tires for the mustang again... So I called up tire rack and started sorting through the tires and reviews. A particular tire has some glowing reviews and quite a low price. (Avon tech M550 A/S) However, I have not heard of avon tires at all.

Checking their website, they have been making tires in the UK since 1901, which is a good sign. It seems that what is new is simply selling tires in the USA.

Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not?

Reply to
Brent P

They make excellent tyres and other kit. If they weren't they'd have gone out of business. ;-)

Reply to
Brimstone

Avon tire is owned by Cooper Tire and Rubber here in the USA Avon was bought by Cooper in late 90's and is a very good company. Avon Tire are excellent tires made by a excellent company. Avon tech tire is quite good and should give you many mile of usage. At least they aren't being made in China like allot of the other tires are today. Defiant I work for Cooper Tire and Rubber Co. here in the U.S.

Reply to
Defiant

I have Avon ZV1s on the Saab. Not bad wearing, the power delivery of the Saab could overpower them in the wet when the turbo spooled up, but grip was good otherwise in wet and dry. Used to throw the old bus arround and they held on well.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They have previously been sold in the USA, just not by a lot of dealers. I recall back in the 80's they were selling a twin tire package. Instead of running a single tire on each corner you would get a special rim and put two skinny tires on each corner. You supposedly got great wet weather performance. I don't recall ever seeing any car with these tires.

---------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

just steer clear of Michelin if you are going around Indy :)

Reply to
AnthonyL

Too bad the Ferraris didn't crash when Schumacher left the pits, that would have been the icing on the cake...

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf

Hey, you want some mascara to go wit dem tires??

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I have them on my motorcycle. Excellent tire. Best I've used so far.

Reply to
.boB

Brent P ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Avon have been OEM tyres on Bentleys and Rolls-Royce for decades.

Reply to
Adrian

"Brent P" wrote : Is Avon generally a good tire (tyre) company or not? :

I don't know about the tires, but they do include a lipstick that compliments the color of your car and matching mascara

*wink*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate