Back To Back GT vs V6 Test Drive.......

Alright, so I am yet another future Mustang owner that is going through the same quandary: V8 or V6 or rag top+ V6...

I am also a confirmed GM man, at least up until now

So I went to the dealer and drove both the V6 and a V8 GT(ragtop). One right after the other.

Impressions?

V8....nice growl, access to engine looks very tight. Smooth tranny and power was incredible. Last car I drove with this much power was a 72 Duster with a 340...

V6....... Nice, but different growl, more of a humm. Still, it lets you and more importantly others, know you are there.

Power, plenty of power...I had zero problems passing slowpokes on the freeway. Engine access looked to be very good. Overall a very nice car.

Rice burners die a quick death, except maybe the Suburu WRX :) I'm talking clapped out Hondas with fart exhausts.

Ragtop........... Hey,,,it was 78 degrees, sunny and the car was screaming yellow....I felt like a teenager again...Totally addictive, seriously...

So......conclusions?

It's going to be a V6 ragtop/pony package for me.

Best deal for the dollar and soooooooooooooooooo much fun........... Blue with a white stripe or yellow with a black or blue stripe....

I'm also looking at a Pontiac Solstice (heresy!!) BTW, but I dunno...... I like the proved technology of the Ford...... Also the dealers are gouging the price of the Pontiac.

Reply to
SteveO

Cobra Boy

Yea, I've read that but you know something? I like the proven technology of the Ford or the Vette. Same motors they have been making for years and plenty of parts around for aftermarket upgrades. That means a lot to me!

Those Sky's look nice though. Basically like BMW roadsters without the cost!

Reply to
SteveO

Excellent choice. Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
Cobra Boy

I agree... Good Choice!

One quick note... ditch the stock muffler on the V6... terribly restrictive... pick a up a good aftermarket single axle back! Not only will it sound 100% better you'll pick up almost 10RWHP!

and as other's have commented their is an incredible range of aftermarket products out for the V6... LOL!

SteveO wrote:

Reply to
John S.