Back up switch delema...

I just got a 67 Mustang coupe with a four speed in it now (used to be

3spd)....Any way I'm trying to get it ready for the Texas State Inspection and I noticed that the Back up lights don't work..Checked bulbs, they are good...followed wire to where it disappears, but a blurb in Haynes Manual, and it mentioned A Back up switch attached to Tranny ....Looked there and low and Behold there is not one...DUH!!!, However I was not finished,,,Ordered one from Dallas mustang.com..I got it today, Climbed underneath and looked for fit and form, It looks like it'll work, but noticed there is no wire to plug into.....Here lies the problem...Can one of you more knowledgeable people tell me which wire goes to were...I can make a wire harness that goes from the switch to the car side...Trooper
Reply to
Trooper McVey

I can speak about a 66 Mustang. I ASSume that a 67 is similar.

Originally, the reverse switch came with two lead wires. The went up through a hole in the tranny hump. They connected to a wire harness next to the shifter opening. You must lift up the carpet to find the connectors.

Erich Did my 4 speed conversion in 1980, I'm surprised I remember this stuff.

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

You don't need reverse lights for a Texas state inspection. You only need high and low beam headlights, brake and turn lights. That's all the lights you need. Rusty

Reply to
Rusty