Bassani vs Magnaflow

On a 2011 5.0, which exhaust is considered better, Magnaflow or Bassani? I am looking at an axle-back version of each.

I found the following sound files, but won't be able to actually hear cars with each exhaust side-by-side.

The Magnaflow in the clip is cat-back, so compare to the Bassani cat-back, but I am looking at an axle-back system, which sounds the same, just a tiny bit quieter.

Thanks! Please replace the "NoSpam" with "verizonbusiness" in my email address in order to reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com Systems Engineer

Reply to
Joe Granto

Joe,

First, FYI -- there are some major restrictions in the exhaust downstream of the cats so you're smart going with a cat-back system.

Using only the sound clips I think the Bassani sounds best.

With personal experience I can say Bassani makes EXCELLENT products.

And when/if I upgrade my new 5.0's exhaust it WILL be Bassani.

Patrick '11 GT Mustang

6-speed, 3.73s, Brembos, rear spoiler delete

'93 Cobra

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Systems Engineer

Reply to
NoOp

I have a 2000 GT with a Bassani catted X-Pipe and Magnaflow cat-back and can tell you they are both top notch products as far as build quality goes. For sound, a straight-through muffler goes better with an X-Pipe and a chambered muffler with an H-Pipe.

Reply to
GILL

I went with Pypes axle back on my '07 GT . I had Magnaflow oval stainless but the where not much louder than stock. The Pypes Violators are louder when on the gas but not much more than stock in cruse mode. Gas pedal is now a volume control. Can't speak for the Magna short round muffs but the ovals are quiet even though you can see straight through them. Pypes where a lot cheaper and I don't really need stainless on my "summer" car.

Reply to
repairman54

------------------------------------- Hello the link you have given in your post in not working.Can you please repost the link???

CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang - messages and counting!##-----------------------------------------------##