Benefits of a Chip in a 5 Speed car.... ??

Is there really much benefit of installing an aftermarket chip in a 5 Speed car ?? 89 5.0 Specifically ??

I have a Diablo chip from another EEC-IV application I'd like to reuse or sell.

- ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

I found this on another website....

Quote: This Programmer Lets You Adjust Many Features Of Your Engine: * Adjust Fuel Curves And Increase Gas Mileage. * Raise Top Speed Limiter. * Increase Rev Limiter. * Adjust Transmission Shift Points, Ratios, Etc. * Calibrate For Changes In Tire Size And Gear Ratio. END Quote

If this is true, the ONLY REAL benefit of an aftermarket Chip in a 5.0 5 Speed car would be to be able to Adjust the MAF Fuel Tables Right ????

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Sell the chip. For a 5-oh, bumping the timing up to 13-15 degrees instead will result in better performance than installing a chip.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
Patrick

Roger that Patrick.

That's kinda what I was thinking of doing.