best way to seperate wheel housings on a 67?

Hey guys. WHats up.. Haven't been here in awhile and thought I'd get back to work on the stang.. And since I know nothing about body work, here goes.. :) I can't seem to locate the spot welds that hold the two wheel housings together? (1967 fastback) on the rear. Unless, as I suspect, it's actually HUNDREDS of tiny, tiny spotwelds, instead of the typical big ones placed a few inches apart. Whats a good way to seperate them? Sawzall up through the bottom carefully? I don't have the whole quarter removed, as I'm trying to keep as much original metal there as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
JohnnyK

On my 66 vert, they were rolling spot welds.

I had to cut away the whellhouse then use a cut-off whell on my grinder to remove the rest of the wheel house flange.

The only area you'l have problems is where the wheel house flange is sandwiched between the support in the back seat.

I don't envy you doing this with the rear quarters on.

Patrick

66 Vert
Reply to
Lucas4927