Biggest wheel/tire combo on '65-'66?

So what'll fit? I've heard that 18x7's would fit all around with 215/45's. But I've also heard that 18's look weird on the first gen stangs. What is the best wheel/tire combo for size?

I've seen the spacer kit for putting new backspacing wheels on old backspacing hubs. Is this dangerous? I've heard of safety issues doing that kinda thing. If it truly is safe, THEN what size wheel/tire combo will fit? Same as before only with backspacing difference?

I would want all wheels/tires to be the same for full X/front to back tire rotation instead of just side to side.

I remember seeing a chart showing wheel hop up's in M&F several years ago, but can't find it now. Anybody got a link?

Scott W '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Bill S.

What size tires on those 17x8's?

Reply to
Scott Williams

OK Bill, so would this be the same size for a '67? What tire sizes would go with these rims?

Thanx

Kevin

"Bill S." a écrit dans le message de news:Ev6ob.5941$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

Reply to
elmo
245/45/17 BFG Comp T/A's

Same for 1967.

Bill S.

elmo wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks Bill!

Scott W

Reply to
Scott Williams

Will those 245's fit in the front though without rubbing?

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

It's going to be tight...All depends on how close to spec your suspension is..........

Bill S.

Scott Williams wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I'm gonna go with 600 lb/in springs in the front. Probably 4 leaf mid eye springs in the back. KYB GR-2 or the Edelbrock IAS shocks all around. If this were dropped an inch in the front because of the springs would I need to go with something narrower? Should I stay away from the Shelby 1" drop of the control arm?

Scott W '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams