blower question

I have a 96 gt vert with a 110,000 miles and was wondering if a pro-charger would be too much for the motor.Engine runs fine now doesnt seem to wore out. Thanks for any help. Pat

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

Too much of an open ended question to answer realistically. Basically, a power adder that works on intake manifold pressure fools your motor into thinking it's bigger than it really is. A normally aspirated 302 thinks it's a 302.... a 302 that is fed one atmosphere of boost thinks it is a 604. Since we haven't increased displacement, we have effectively doubled cylinder pressures.

Can't say for south of the 49th, but a blower kit is about $5G here in the GWN (plus installation, aggravation, frustration....oh, yeah, and gouge and screw tax).

It becomes very important to ensure that cylinder seal is adequate.... a leak test might help.... anything past 10% is trouble in the making IMHO. Additionally, the added hp isn't going to go well with crank bearings that have considerable miles on them. I would seriously consider freshing the motor to be sure I wasn't going to turn a bunch of money into a pile of shrapnel.

No, I'm not trying to rain on your parade... I'm trying to stop you from making mistakes people have already made.

pro-charger

Reply to
Jim Warman