body parts

Im considering replacing the nose on my 1985 Mustang GT with a little later year and aero dynamic frontend. I know I have to replace the hood anyways when I do the 5,8 swap, but what later model nose pieces will fit my 85?

Mustang GT

Reply to
1985 Mustang GT

NOOOOOOOO! Don't do it! FourEyedPride(.com), man! :)

Seriously, it might be easier to sell yours and get a newer one to start with. It takes some work since it isn't a straight swap, but anything up to and including '93 should work.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Reply to
1985 Mustang GT

Well, you need a whole bunch of structural stuff besides the bumper cover itself. Headlight support, radiator support, and I think the bumper too. It looks like basically everything in front of the fenders is different, if only slightly.

It probably wouldn't be a tough swap if you had a whole donor front clip to work with.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I'm with ya brother!

the 84 GT is my favorite.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Don't forget the hood, Garth.

I wasn't aware that the bumper had to go. Definately would be easier finding a donor car though. Plus, the molded-in trim on the bumper doesn't match the trim on the fender...

JS

Reply to
JS