Bra, Washing & Maintenance

well, nobuddy could agree on what kind of wax to use, how about this:

got the factory authorized bra for my '06.....what a bear to install!!!!! took an hour to stretch it and fit all those "shims" in around the lights & grill.

so....I've had bras for the last 4 or 5 cars....for highway use and when the bugs are thick....but I always took them off when I washed the car. this puppy isn't coming off very often. think the clearcoat will fog like old paint used to? car won't ever really get dirty - it's a sunshine special, so there won't be any dirt and grit under the bra, but will get wet when I wash it.

also: going thru the maintenance schedule....if I got it right: oil change every 5000 miles or 6 months.......every 5000 miles rotate tires......every 15,000 inspect brakes & "wheel end play", replace cabin air filter............every 30,000 replace air & fuel filters............change coolant at 100,000 miles......change rear axle & tranny fluids and belts at 150,000 miles. no time frame given for any of these other than oil changes. at a couple thousand miles a year, I guess I'll never have to do anything but change the oil. comments? the

100,000 mile coolant and 150,000 mile belts really have me wowed!

JC

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I'm pretty sure that Mrs mechanic washes her bras quite regularly.... Lord knows I pay for enough of them.... I try to maintain both the devices (through regular adjustment when requested) as well as the protected areas (though we are both in our 50s and not as agile nor demanding as we once were).

When it comes to finishing treatments, I have found that having to apply "Vicks VapoRub" vigorously usually indicates that further attention is going to be both unnecessary and unrewarding. However, other finishing treatments may offer lasting results and leave one with an overwhelming sense of achievment when gazing at the results of our efforts.... These can include sunscreen and baby oil. If you are using Noxema or a similar product, take extreme care... it is at these times that the factory finish can be damaged beyond repair and your self esteem will suffer accordingly.

I missed the request for waxing advice... My own preference is for "bikini" wax.... In many instances, my attention to detail takes on a "European" flair and I find this wax to be more conducive to achieving the desired "finish". A smoother surface can be achieved using a razor or chemical reactant but the chance for creating a blemish is too real.... Whichever method is chosen, proper surface preparation is a must if we are to achieve that silky smooth finish we strive for.

Reply to
Jim Warman

oil change at 3,000 never wear wet bra in hot sun (that applies to the car too) and make sure that you have a high quality wax under the bra even if that's the only part of the car that you wax.

Reply to
Mr.~G.