brake conversion help needed was brake conversion help

Want to convert 65 (A Code) & 66 Mustangs (C Code) to power disc brakes (front or all four) and also want to upgrade to Vintage 45 or Torque Thrust Ds in 16" or at least 15".

Have heard that some disc upgrades don't work with wheel upgrades, and have been advides against the G/V/M conversion for the same reasons.

Anyone know what will work for both upgrades? V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

For what it's worth, I upgraded the brakes, using the SSBC kits. I'm using the 15x7" Torque Thrust II wheels with no problems. I don't really think I gained any braking performance from the rear disc conversion, so you might want to save that money.... I tried to go with power brakes, but don't pull enough vacuum to make it operate, with the radical cam I'm using. Check to be sure you're getting a vacuum reading of at least 16... shouldn't be a problem if you're close to stock.

Reply to
Mustang_66

A recent article I read said there was little point in changing the rears to disc so long as an adjustable proportioning valve is used and front and rear are properly balanced. As for the engine, it is a stock

289 4v A Code. If I was going to change CAMS it was suggested I not go to radical if I was planning to make road trips cross country; the more radical, the worse fuel economy but better race setup. I am majorly considering a change to 4spd or 5 spd (latter preferred).

I really appreciate the input. I was looking at 15x8 Torque Thrust Ds or 16" Vintage 45s, for the old style "mag" look.

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

The Granada/Monarch/Maverick swap should work with a larger style aftermarket wheels. These cars used 14' wheels when new so caliper clearance is not an issue with wheels as large as 15 and 16 inches. Personally I'd stay away from Versailles front disc as the spindles use a larger BJ that just complicates things needlessly. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet