Brake Upgrade

Besides removing the original caliper/rotor assemblies are their other issues associated with installing dual piston calipers and larger rotors on a '94 GT? Can caliper/rotors off Cobras for all years to 2004 just be bolted on or are we also looking at changing the master brake cylinder?

Reply to
Richard

You'll need at least 17" wheels to clear the Cobra brakes.

Reply to
Dinsdale

And you may not be happy with the stopping performance of stock Cobra brakes. I got an '04 Cobra with stock brakes and am looking for aftermarkets that will improve the stopping power.

Reply to
Rick Olive

Not a problem as I'm running 17x9 Mach 1 wheels.

Reply to
Richard

Besides the alreadu indicated wheel sizes, no. Did you try to flush the brake system and use other brake pads ? Sometimes that will help quite a bit.

Rein

The motivation here is that the existing front rotors and pads need replacing . I was thinking that the 13" slot and/or drilled rotors with dual piston calipers would be the best upgrade option vs. replacing with stock components.

Reply to
Richard