Break Wear Audible Warning?

I have a '96 mustang convertible, 91,000 miles. Current brakes (front and rear) have about 50,000 miles on them. Ford dealer mechanic inspected and says my brakes are ok. However, I continue to hear a chirping noise from (I think) the front wheels which increases in frequency with speed. Pretty sure it is not the motor/belts because not heard when stopped. I have read that some cars have brake wear sensors which emit an audible squeal when they are worn down. Anyone know if my model year Mustang has such audible brake sensors? Thanks.

Reply to
Hi Ho Silver

My '96 GT made that exact same noise at 70,000 miles. Brake tech told me both front rotors are warped.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

It's not hard at all to physically pull the brake pads out (yes brake, not break) and see for yourself... you wouldn't even need to pull them out really... I have a 98 Mustang GT.. which has similar brakes to your 96 Mustang IIRC... just take off the tire & remove the anti-rattle clip on top & see what width the pad is.. if it's pretty thin you'll wanna replace those pads. Check out

HOW-TO's if you are unsure of how to do a brake pad change... HTH

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset