Breather Filter

I just purchased a 1996 Mustang GT with some mods. I want to purchase a cold air intake, is it possible to put a breather filter on the opening that has a small hose running from the engine to the stock intake and just eliminate that hose all together, and cover that other hole in the cold air intake? I jusy heard it would help the oil breath better and help the car run better.

Reply to
Elijah.kemp

no don't do it. vacuum to the breather and air input to the TB is calculated to take that in to account. You may end up skewing the EGR settings then running rich and clogging your cats. Plenty of high quality, reasonably priced "cold air" kits out there. Do a google search on mustang forums, then read a few.

Reply to
walt peifer