Brighter Bulbs < Need Recommendations

So more people can buy blue bulb crap on your glowing recommendation. Sorry I'm blinding enough as it is. Ford headlamps suck as is it is.

No. It's a saying.

Well, go put some 10000 watt aircraft lights on your car. Your choice to remain ignorant is your choice.

I didn't tell you want to do, but don't expect me to allow the propagation of your I can see-too-bad-for-you approach to automotive lighting. The 'I can see and they don't make too much glare' ignorant method you employ.

Me first, f*ck you, the american way.

Reply to
Brent P

I just ordered some Osram Silverstar bulbs from

Seems like s pretty good company and a good product, with many other good choices listed.

I'll know better when they arrive.

Reply to
vailchalet2

That's a good choice. The Osram SilverStars are a completely different bulb from the Philips SilverStars, and, unlike the latter, the Osram bulbs come with the Daniel Stern stamp of approval. :)

For his explanation, see the last section on this page:

Reply to
Garth Almgren

How interesting... but I won't let that aggravate me. Have a great night =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Brent,

Ok. I don't really feel like arguing about this any longer. I'm glad you have found lightbulbs that are sufficient for you. I happened to of found some that I like. I'm sure you're right about whatever point you were trying to make (whether it be my lightbulbs suck, or that I'm a lamer, or that other bulbs own, or that you're a genius) but I really don't feel like arguing anymore. I don't feel like making an enemy over stupid freaking LIGHT BULBS. So.. I apologize for ever engaging in this argument & hope you can forgive the childish behavior in these posts. Take care. ;D

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Dude, I've been exactly where you are standing 5 years ago. You could put lights in your car that light up an football field for a game and if they say APC and have blue tint he is going to tell you that you are WRONG it does NOT light up better. Then get out a physics book to tell you why it will not work, even though you are looking at it and know damn well better what it looks like in comparison. I've made several direct comparisons on a dark street. Best just to not argue.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Then people who are totally unassociated with the thread and neither have, or tried different lighing, NOR are engineers chime in for no apparent reason, adding personal insults to the argument that haven't anything to do with the subject and have no business even being brought up. And this is what starts a big fat flame fest because Mike starts defending against the personal attacks and since eye for an eye, makes a couple of jabs of his own and it grows from there. Quit acting like a damn Liberal and stick to the subject. There is no reason at ALL for you to call someone a whiney 12 yo other than to piss them off. I know from experience, Daniel is VERY knowledgeable, but he is also pretty opinionated. Brent is just opinionated.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Go put some stadium lights on your car. The problem you are neglecting is that you've over simplified the problem to brighter equals better.

What makes a better headlamp is far more involved. It's putting light not only where it needs to go, but *NOT WHERE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE*.

There is a reason you're not supposed to drive with the high beams on in traffic. Because they put alot of light where light shouldn't be if there are other drivers on the road. The same is true of crappy headlamps from china that may not even make the allows-so-many crappy headlamps DOT specs and overwattage bulbs.

Hey, but if you don't want to learn and want to continue with the same ignorant, I can see sucks-to-be-you addititude fine, maybe some day you'll grow up and realize you aren't the only person on the road. Maybe some day you'll drive a car alot closer to best in the world lighting (hint, generally not US legal) and realize what good headlamps really are.

Reply to
Brent P

And what is your sniping? I've learned some things about headlamps from Daniel and it fits my experiences. Hey, I wish all this readily available stuff for mustang headlamps was good. But I am not going to throw money away to pay for marketing and a garbage product just so I can see a little better but blind other drivers in return and have short bulb life, melt some wiring, etc.

Reply to
Brent P

You replied to what WindsorFox[SS] wrote, but are sounding like you're talking to me... given you pulled a quote from me. I publically apologized to you. I am not going to engage into further arguments. Once again, I'm glad you found something that works for you... I found something that works for me. We're both happy. Stop trying to make people mad. Thanks. Take care.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

No I wasn't. Didn't see it. Haven't found what I want for a '97 mustang, but now the headlamp wiring is getting too old and I have to do something. I am not trying to make people mad, if people who snipe should expect return fire.

Reply to
Brent P

I'm through with this. You are too arrogant & hard-headed to even accept TWO apologies. Have a great life.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Why does a terse reply = not accepting a 2nd apology that wasn't made? (read what you actually wrote) Why does a terse reply = being arrogant and hard headed? Why does replying to someone not you bother you and make you feel like puting a jab in ? What sort of reply did you expect from me regarding that jab?

Reply to
Brent P

For those really interested the following link may be helpful.

I may have missed an earlier reference to this site as I just tuned out all the antidotal chit chat.

Reply to
Richard

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote

You don't know what lighting I've tried in the past, have now, or what degrees I hold, so STFU! And I am associated with this thread because I've been reading it and trying to learn something about lighting. I think your overreacting a bit here. And I still stand by my previous post that memset sounds like a whiny 12 y/o just trying to impress people who really don't give a rat's ass what he has to say, or what his opinion is.

Actually I'm a Republican, :) Liberals give me stomachaches.

There is if you want them to just shut up already.

I haven't seen anything knowledgeable come out of his keyboard yet, just lots of opinions. And we all know what opinions are like, and we all have one. Now WF I don't want this to turn into a flame war between us. I happen to like reading your posts and have learned a few things from you, I just don't happen to like memset's style of "discourse".

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

And there in lies the problem, you ASSume that I havn't. I have, and I have experienced a Mustang with the conversion that Daniel recomended to me for my Mustang. I do not want to remake the front end on my car.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

How mature. You distinctly mention a 66 in your sig so I doubt you have.

And I stand by my observation that you are trolling and personal attacks such as that serve ZERO purpose other than to piss people of and star flames.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote

Just because it's the only car in my sig doesn't mean it's the only car I own or have ever owned.

Whatever. I still stand by what I said. Again, I do want to restate that I like reading your posts and have no issue with you at all.

Scott W. '66 HCS 302 (current project) '70 Sportsroof 302 (My first car ever and I still miss it) sold '83 Z-28 t-top SB400 (Blue Oval what) sold (dammit) '83 Saab 900S 2.0 8V (handling machine) sold (electrical problems) '85 Saab 900 Turbo 2.0 16V (Interstate Screamer) (still driving it and still electrical problems) '94 Toyota Tercel (eesh) god-awful 4banger of unk displacement (and don't care) SOLD '96 Plymouth Voyager 3.3 (again eesh, I won't go into this debacle) lost in divorce,eesh

Reply to
Scott Williams

That's nice. But that wasn't how you framed your prior post. You framed it as a you-know-what-works but I don't post. That the technical information is not valid, only your seat-of-the-pants 'it's brighter' evaluation. And *THAT* is what I am refering to and you know it.

And the root of this problem is Ford's horseshit head lamp design that is allowed on the road. The fact this requires significant effort to get the car to have good lighting doesn't justify making it easier for the driver of mustang to see by making it worse for others on the road.

I don't want to cut up my car to fit lamps from a german-spec hyundai, but I am not going to put some overwattage rice-boy bluebulbed china made headlamps so I can see but others are blinded.

Eventually I'll do the relays and the good regular white bulbs.

Reply to
Brent P

Forgot one- '97 Dodge Avenger Sport 2.5L V6 (Totaled by an 82 y/o at 60 MPH who wasn't paying attention to the little red light). OUCH!!

Reply to
Scott Williams