Bronze Distributor Gears revisted - Just for Winze

"winze" wrote in a message:

So is yours! It has showed since the beginning of this thread, and before! Like I said, if you have more experience than I do, prove it! I'm waiting. If you can't prove it, then shut up!

Reply to
GEB

again, you don't know what you are talking about

I read it all while laughing loudly.

you shouldn't be trying to race junk.

spare me the agony.

I can tell you this, if we were to race heads up, you would look stupid.

Oh, BTW, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS!! LOL

Reply to
winze

Gary, Sometimes it's better just to quit feeding the trolls!! : )

Reply to
Steve Marshall

"Steve Marshall" wrote in a message:

Normally, I don't feed the trolls, but in this instance, he claimed to know more than I do, and I was just trying to get him to prove it, once and for all. Since he refuses to post his experience at both wrenching and drag racing, I am leaning towards the fact that he has none, and as you said, is a troll. After all, he posts through Google, and hides behind an aliase that posts with an email address of @law.com. I'd be willing to bet that he doesn't do his own work on his car, let alone drag race it. You know how those white collar guys are, they don't like to get their hands dirty! Anyway, he'll be safe for most of the night, as I got a call from a friend to go to his house and help pull the tranny out of his race car, but I'll check to see if Winze posts his experience in both mechanical and drag racing when I get home. If he doesn't have to courage to do that, then he will be treated as a troll.

Reply to
GEB

I agree, obviously Winze has no experience drag racing or he would have put up some numbers. In my opinion, running in the 8's with *that* motor tells a lot about the setup, which is what Gary is after here... Perhaps winze thinks running a 12-13 second quarter mile with a V8 pumping under 200hp is simple to do? ....heh-heh. I've seen many blown Mustangs with

400-500HP running 12's-13's. I've only seen one run 12's with a bone stock motor......mine :) Gary is pretty close with his setup too, although his motor will get built properly in time and when it does, he can count on some amazing ET's.

BTW, here's my numbers

a rookie but I run at 2 tracks. IHRA ET modified division,and NHRA semi-pro division. I'm in the top 10. What about you winze? I am also wondering if you have ever raced on anything but your street?

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe

Buzz Haze

probably 10's in the 1/8

well you did beat me to THAT!

I'm not into Pinto's

Reply to
winze

Buzz: I get a kick out of guys like Winze! They go to college, and come out and try to get people to think they know everything. In this case, Winze doesn't know jack sh*t about drag racing, let along doing mechanical work. Like you said, if he did, he would have posted some numbers, along with a link to the time slips as proof, but he can't, so he attacks me to throw everyone off of him. I'll have to start referring to him as WtT, Winze the Troll.

Reply to
GEB

"winze" wrote in a message:

Are you saying that is all your car will run? Mine has already run 8.8's with bad valve springs. If your car will only run 10's in the 1/8, then you better go back to school and learn how to build a motor and how to drag race. We know they didn't teach you that in law school.

Yep, beat you to figure out your nothing but a low life troll boy, and a wanna be know it all!

I'm more into Mustang's than I'm into Pinto's. Only reason I am using one for my race car is because it is lighter than a Mustang, or I'd have built a Mustang. But then you wouldn't understand that, would you Troll boy? Maybe you need to talk to Buzz about that, and maybe you would understand!!!! But I highly doubt you can comprehend any information given to you, unless you read it in a magazine, and maybe still not then.

So are you going to tell us your experience in drag racing and turning wrenches? Remember to post a link to some of your time slips as proof!

Reply to
GEB

why should I, you wouldn't believe me.

that's stupid, if,(big if)he ever has any horsepower the car will react totally different.

actually no i don't, it's all about traction and power to weight ratio.

ever see the dyno sheets?

12.90's are good, very doable tho. ever see one in the 11's ?

I won't hold my breath.

great, maybe you can teach Gary how to race if he ever gets anything to drive.

never raced on my street, just 4 dragstrips.

Reply to
winze

you said 10's , can't you read?

well you're a wanna be drag racer. scumbag!

yeah, and a 4 cylinder is lighter than a 302. does google have a pinto group? maybe you should start one.

I understand completely about power to weight ratio and weight transfer, scumbag!

I know enough about drag racing and engines to recognize an idiot when one spews out bullshit like you do.

Reply to
winze

"winze" wrote in a message:

Now your showing your ignorance! If a car launches straight with 200 HP, it will launch straight with 500, same goes for going straight down the track and for stopping. Only thing that will change is the amount of wheel spin you will have, and that is taken care of with the slicks. Why? Because the motor weighs the same, it just produces more HP.

Yes I have! Actually, I've seen them run in the 9's in the 1/4 mile, using NOS.

I do have one! What's your excuse? If I remember correctly, I gave Buzz a few pointers on how to shallow stage and launch his car, back when he was first starting out.

So produce some proof! Since you said you raced at 4 drag strips, post a link to 4 time slips, one from each one.

Gary

Q. What's a crying shame? A. A bus load of lawyers going over a cliff and one empty seat!

Reply to
GEB

LOL, you are a damn idiot,I REST MY CASE! you'll never have to worry about handling a 500 hp engine ANYWAY. LMAO.

I bid 8's will anyone bid 7's, with factory 302 engine?

he probably didn't ask.

I don't have to prove anything,but you have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that you don't know what you are talking about.

Q. what's a crying shame? A. a bus load of dumbasses going over a cliff and Gary(the driver) survives.

Reply to
winze

"winze" wrote in a message:

Bet me! I'd be glad to take your money any day!

That goes to show everyone what you know, absolutely nothing when it comes to performance. Actually, there's a 4 cyl. Pinto that has run 8.88 in the

1/4 mile, at the track that I race at. He also races at a track in Maryland. There's also a 23T altered that runs 8.40's. These all come from the track that won the 2002 IHRA finals for the NE division. There's more too! Like a 60's Falcon Sprint that runs in the 9's. But then you wouldn't know about performance, unless it was in a magizine, cause you never been to a track and raced, let alone built a performance motor.

Actually, there was a discussion in this news group long before you arrived, and Buzz and I started emailing each other direct, because I had asked him about his car, and what all he did to lighten it up. One day he told me he needed to get his reaction times better, and I offered him the tip on that, that was given to me by a racer that was a NHRA record holder for many years at York US 30.

Well, since you refuse to post any proof, I hereby find you guilty of knowing nothing! Just like a lawyer to use the phrase, "beyond any resonable doubt". You should be very careful how you use that, you know. It can back fire on you! And in this case it has! All your doing is trying to throw the attention off of yourself, and onto me. Nice lawyer tactics, but it won't work here! Prove you know what you know, and that you have drag raced, or shut up and go away TROLL BOY!

Gary

Q. What's a crying shame? A. A bus load of lawyers going over a cliff and one empty seat!

Reply to
GEB

..and it was good advice!! Thanks to the tips I got from Gary, my last elimination race saw a .503 .565 and a .593 not to mention the tips on launching etc... I have learned to listen to the people who actually race, and ignore advice from closet racers.....funny how the closet racers seem to have a ton of (useless) advice to offer. There's no doubt that I have learned more than a few tricks from Gary, he has been helping with everything from tranny builds to electronics, switchable cooling systems etc....all the goodies. This knowledge doesn't come easy or cheap.

I don't know why you keep saying that.....it's just plain false. Gary has probably forgotten more than you'll ever know....or me for that matter. He has been in the game for many years and since everything he has told me has come true, I trust him.....I sure didn't get into the top 10 bracket racing with a 5 speed on bad advice!!!!!

I suggest you lay off this one as you are out of your league....saying a stock component will be better in a racing application......because Ford put it in there????? Whoa!!! now that's just plain silly.

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

sorry, make that a .506 .565 and a .593

Buzz

Reply to
Buzz Haze

I think you meant deep stage,shallow staging will help reduce ET's more than reaction times.

If you were to teach me everything you claim to know, I still wouldn't know anything more than I do now.

I should have said without a shadow of doubt.

you have the abilty to do that without any help from me. maybe you were deprived of attention when you were young or something.

Q. what's a crying shame A. someone who doesn't know better might actually take gary's advice.

Reply to
winze

You know Winze? All your doing is digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole your not going to be able to crawl out of, and the rest of the members of RAMFM will be standing there throwing dirt in on top of you. How much deeper do you want to dig that hole your in? Just admit you never drag raced, or worked on your own cars, or provide proof that you have, and someone will pass a ladder down to you so you can get out of there. Other wise, about the only other way out of there is to just keep digging untill you come out the other side.

Gary Q. What's a crying shame? A. A bus load of lawyers going over a cliff and one empty seat!

Reply to
GEB

so, will your sponsor be adding a bronze distributor gear anytime soon? you could do it yourself you know, it's relatively simple to do.

how much did he charge?

that may be true, maybe it'll come back to him.

....or me for that matter.

I wonder if you could get him to tell you that you'll win the lottery? it might be worth a try!

you probably already knew how to drive a 5 speed, didn't you?

why don't you switch to a bronze distributor gear then, since your mustang IS a "race car" using original components.

Reply to
winze

I wouldn't give him that much credit. He probably thinks that this is some sort of a chat room and still can't figure out how come it takes so long to see someone's reply.

I've been watching this thread for a bit and I'm beginning to think this Winze character is the same troll that had the sig: "Not the real Bill S." but in the From coloumn, he was using Bill S.' name.

Reply to
Greg B.

Google has the slowest response times too! I've had to use it before and it takes forever.

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve