Buh Bye V6 ...

I had to come & share with you guys ... It was a decision, but I compromised. I debated GT Vert ... Mach ... GT Vert ... Mach ... I brought the new baby home last Wednesday (9/17) Here's my new, and VERY FUN, ride ;-)

2003 Torch Red Mach 1 w/ Interior Upgrade Package. Build Date 6/12/03. Windows were tinted last Saturday, Flowmasters were put on yesterday, and new shoes will be here Wednesday! Woohoo!

And here is a link to the rest of the pics The first 3 pics are looking from my old to new or new to old car ... the white w/ black stripes is the one I traded. The show car 2000 V6 is gone. I already put the Mach in 1 show and won Best in Show that day.

Ran at the track last Sunday, all stock ... 9.2 @ 79mph in the 1/8 mile. Video is here:
Rightclick on MOV00006.MPG and Save Target as ... Take care, Donna

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Congrats Donna! I was wondering when the bug was finally going to take over. Is it a 5-speed or auto? Beautiful car, add to that I keep on getting the feeling that my own GT is getting worn (but still great) and I am very prone to get the "new bug" myself. Enjoy, sam

The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
CrotchViper

Congrats to you!! One heluva upgrade, performance-wise!

IMO, the Mach is the best looking 'Stang out there right now, good choice.

How's it drive with the automatic? The 1-2 on the video sounded pretty solid. __

John C. '00 GT Convt. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Congrats, Donna! It looks pretty good in red.

C. Olofsson

Sam-

I couldn't beat the deal. The Ford dealer hired me on full time and made me Assistant Manger of the BDC. Once I was full time, I qualified for A plan pricing, which took the car from sticker (almost $31k) to A Plan (About $26500). Then I got the $3000 Ford rebate, a $500 A plan bonus cash rebate, and customer loyalty cash for $1000 ... That left me right about $22k. They gave me $10k for the V6 (Damn, I was shocked cuz KBB on it in "excellent" condition was only $7450), so it more than paid it off. Being I had a check in hand from my loan company, all I had to do was work the numbers to my liking, write out the check, and drive off LOL We only had an Azure Blue on the lot, so I DT'd one in for myself, and actually got my dad to take me to NC to pick up my new car, and drive it back. What a fun "test drive" that was back down through the mountains! This car is so much fun. Hands down, kills the GT for performance. I'll have more pics as I get them on line :-)

-D> Congrats Donna! I was wondering when the bug was finally going to take over. Is

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

0015Crop.jpg

ut/

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Good lookin ride !

I didn't realize they put the V6 style badging on the Mach1's... interesting !

Chief Wiggum

at 28 Sep 2003, Donna, aka Diamondz [ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

GRRRRRRRRR!

Reply to
Paul

Awesome ride, Donna! Best of luck with it. I know you'll be having fun. ;)

"Donna, aka Diamondz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Reply to
Joe

"Donna, aka Diamondz" wrote in a message:

Nice looking ride Donna! If it was me, it wouldn't have taken me quite so long to make my decision. I love the body lines of the Mach 1. They remind me a little of my old 66 FB I had up until the late 70's. Also a friend of mine has 2 70 Mach 1's. One, which is his drag car.

So how many miles were on it when you picked it up? I see you also know how to break it in. I was always told to drive it the way you intend to drive it right off the show room floor.

Reply to
GEB

Michael Johnson, PE

Congrats on the primo ride. Not only do you get serious V-8 power, but an outstanding suspension package as well, something that took me a LONG time to get right on my own GT. Even with the AOD, a V-8 powered Mustang is always a hoot to drive.

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

Thanks Kate :-)

Yep, the shaker wards off most revving ricers, but the V6 Pony's on the side seemed odd. I guess because its not really a GT or a Cobra, that was a safe badge for them to use. I've heard some others question it too, but the Mach 1 badge on the back is really cool, but hard to wax around LOL

Chief Wiggum wrote:

Donna, aka Diamondz

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Hi Gary! It had 37 miles on it when I got to the dealer that my dealership purchased it from. After the trip back, it officially had 74 miles on it at the time of the sale.

I love it. I was out cruising tonight, because its finally cooling off, and the Flowmasters were just purring.

-D> "Donna, aka Diamondz" wrote in a message:

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Good girl. ;-)

The GT's I was looking at were Redfire w/ black top and Sonic Blue w/

:-) Red is nice and turns alot of heads, something I enjoy and surely you will as well. However, you will find yourself washing a red car more often than a white one. ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

And would her name be Scarlet?? BTW, nice car...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

------------------------

Wow, beautiful Mach! Best of luck with it!

I also had the same debate, whether to get a Mach 1 or GT vert... and I went with the vert because I thought it might be neat to try a vert... never had a vert before. I'm also retiring my motorcycle now so I figured the vert would help to fill that void. But I am getting a bit worried that I may not be satisfied with the performance of the GT, especially after stepping out of an old 455 Trans Am which was a monster.

So you test drove both the GT and Mach 1? My guess is that the Mach 1 has a big power advantage in the higher rpm range, but how about in the lower range? If indeed you have driven both the GT and Mach 1 and compared, I'd be very interested in hearing more details about the difference in power across the entire rpm range. When just tooling around on the street in the

2000 - 3000 rpm range, would you say the Mach 1 is very noticeably more powerful than the GT? Or do things start to change only above 4000 rpm?

Boy, now if they only made a Mach 1 convertible!!!

Best wishes with your new car!

Reply to
GT-Vert-03

How do you like the sound of your new V8 compared to the 6?

Reply to
RioRedGT