Bullitt suspension and bushings installation

After reading many favorable reviews here, I just ordered the Bullitt suspension (M5400A). And while I'm at it, I'm going to install the Prothane "total kit." I want to install as much of it as I can on my own, and then take it to a shop to do the remainder. My plan is to do all the rear parts myself, as well as the front sway bar. I'm sure I could handle the struts too, but will probably let the shop do them along with the front springs.

Any comments or suggestions from others who have been down this road? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Duane Bender

Reply to
duanebender

You may have to install CC plates or do as I did and modify the adjustment slots in the strut towers. My toe-in spec was set to 0" and camber (R&L) set to -0.3 degrees

Reply to
Richard

What are you driving? Like is this for the old Bullitt, or the retro Bullitt? Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Reply to
Spike

Of course I should have said in my original post--it's a 1994 Cobra coupe. What I'm installing is the M5400A "Mustang handling package" from Ford Motorsports, aka the "Bullitt suspension kit," comprising the dampers, springs, and sway bars used in the 2001 Bullitt. Sorry about that.

Duane

Reply to
duanebender

Ok. Then it's a kit made for the retro Bullitt.... Can make a sizeable difference in what is involved, etc. Thanks. I'm not up on the late models. Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video. http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/davescar_7_11_05_002.jpg
Reply to
Spike

On my 02 GT the Bullitt suspension drop was 3/4 of an inch. Did not need CC plates. Martin

243rwhp 285rwtq
Reply to
Martin

Thanks. I figured I'd install the kit and only add the CC plates if needed; I read somewhere the drop is a full inch on 94-98 Mustangs, but I hope to still not need them.

Duane

Reply to
duanebender

I needed to elongate the slots on the strut towers to get the alignment to the specs mentioned earlier.

Reply to
Richard

I had similar results on my Bullitt setup; 3/4 inch drop, no CC plates needed. I've had it for about 3 years and have no complaints although I'm slowly replacing with it with more drag-oriented pieces. The best advice I can give you is to order some Energy Suspension miracle-goo lube from Summit (the large can) and make sure you use plenty of it. Poly isolaters and bushings will creak and squeak like crazy without the proper lubrication. The ES stuff is kind of a pain to work with but it lasts and is definitely worth the money. Do a google search for "bullitt" and bluestang98", I think I did a write-up on this forum about it.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. 2001 Ranger XLT
Reply to
bluestang98