C6 linkage arm problem

I have a 66 coupe with a C6 in it from the previous owner. He had a cable linkage to a B&M Unimatic shifter and I now want to swap it out for a stock shifter. Problem is finding a C6 linkage arm. Can anyone help me out here please. I'm unsure whether a C4 linkage arm will fit either in shape or length ? Can anyone offer any advice ?? Could I lengthen a C4 arm by splicing in a section ???

Has anyone got a good diagram of the C6 arm such that it could be fabricated ??

Cheers for any help.

Jonathan

Reply to
JB

We have a 67 fastback with a 460, GM Turbo 400 transmission and the stock shifter. We just fabricated the rod out of some electrical conduit. It's not a big deal. Measure, bend, try, bend some more, hammer the ends flat, drill holes, done. I can't see a problem with lengthening the stock C4 rod. There is not a lot of force there. You may need to move the pin on the C6 shift arm to get the positions correct. Had a C6 in a Maverick and had a real problem getting Park and First to work with the shifter's travel.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi Al,

yep I thought as much - a DIY job will work. I have got hold of an old C4 arm and plan to spline in a section to bridge the gap. Good to know that your DIY job worked too.......gives me a bit more confidence to give it a shot. Cheers. J

Reply to
JB