CAI/Dual Exhaust

I've been considering adding a cold air intake, and dual exhaust. It's my understanding that I also need to add a chip to be able to "tune" the differences that those modifications will make...

Is this true?

'98 Mustang - 3.8 - 5 Speed

Reply to
Sunset Sam

No, you will not need a chip for these modifications. Adding a CAI and a Dual exhaust, either dual off the single cat back or a custom catted H pipe, will only add a few horses to a V6. A true dual exhaust with a custom H pipe will actually lower the power at lower rpm's and the gain will show as peak horsepower. Unless you plan to spend $$ on a supercharger those additions are pretty much eye candy.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Hmm, I have both done to my '04 V6 (CAI and single catback with duals), and at about $400 later, I'm satisfied.

I say go for it.

Just A Guy

Reply to
Just A Guy©

Satisfied with what? Change in the exhaust noise? Actual performance improvements? How it looks underneath?

?

Just A Guy© wrote:

Reply to
351CJ