Calvert wins Winternationals in 2010 Mustang

So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular Cobra Jet car. An off the shelf ready to go drag racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for one.

Then the race team has to spend 6 weeks thrashing on it to get it to actually win. I'm think that with that budget and that many many hours, I could get just about any Mustang into the winners circle.

-------- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2007 Ram 2500 CTD/Auto/4x4 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

Well, you forgot the fact that they had a great driver:) Wonder if he used Cal Track bars on it. He ran IIRC 10.08 to qualify, 10.10 first round, it was a bye. And 10.15 three times after that. With a four speed. Not bad....

Al

Reply to
Big Al

That first photo certainly helped me decide whether or not there's enough change between 2009 and 2010 models to warrant an upgrade: I can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside. Maybe the "2010" they are talking about is inside?

His:

Mine:

Frank ess

Do you want to upgrade to a "Body-in-White" race car? Or a production car?

only piece of sheet metal that is same as an 09 is the roof.

Reply to
GILL

If the car that won the Winternationals is a 2010 model, " ... I can't see a difference between that one and mine, on the outside."

Seems to me that calling a car a "2010" is motivated by a desire to tie it to the production models. That photo did not show me enough difference to warrant an upgrade from the 2009 appearance to the "2010" appearance.

From the lower grill and "chin", I'd say the "winner" car is a 2009 or earlier

Calling it a "2010" without more explanation seems a bit of a stretch.

Reply to
Frank ess

That car at Pamona is an 08, not sure why they called it a 2010. Something about it being an FR500 Cobra Jet series.

GILL

Yup, I guess that is a "2010" in the same way mine is a "2009" (built

2008-05-27, delivered 2008-09-01) : someone called it that, and it might as well be.
Reply to
Frank ess

A 2010 Mustang has a different door. Just look at the side views. The other difference is the dash. But first find a picture of a real 2010:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

My memory was wrong:( Did qualify at 10.08, Ran 10.01 on the bye, then

10.14 the rest of the runs. Al
Reply to
Big Al

>> So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular Cobra Jet car. An off the >>> shelf ready to go drag racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for one.>>>

Close enough Al, how do you know this? Where you there? Or do you know this guy? Sometimes I read too much between the lines...I don't know...

Reply to
GILL

>>> So, Ford builds this race winning spectacular Cobra Jet car. An off >>>> the shelf ready to go drag racer. Yes, I would give my left nut for >>>> one.

I get the NHRA rag every week.

Al

Reply to
Big Al