Car audio...

Well, the factory deck in the 05 convertible refuses to give my loving bride her CD... with apologies to Monty Python, now it's time for something completely different...

Cost isn't a major factor... but I don't need something that is going to change my heart rate with boomy, sophomoric bass.... No immediate plans for a subwoofer and I can't see me with a trunkfull of amplifiers.

Having said that, I don't even know what toys are there to be had, these days... blue tooth with hands free would be nice.... MP3 and maybe iPod... GPS maybe for a little bling?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Friggin' fat fingers..... what other features might one desire in a state of the art deck?

Reply to
Jim Warman

A USB port. MP3s on a memory stick. Never need to worry about cd's or a cd changer... or ipod capability....

Reply to
Brent

An aux audio input could be useful too. One of the two at the very least. You may look into the digital FM as well, but last time I looked it was still expensive and not widely available. When they start adding it to all the decks that still have all the other features it'll be feasible.

Reply to
WindsorFo

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:2qdUl.28635$Db2.25418@edtnps83:

Lots of units out there. For starters, go to crutchfield.com and do the 'Outfit My Car' (mouse over 'Car Audio & Video) and plug in your vehicle. Have fun!

Reply to
Joe