Catalyst system

Catalyst system Today my check engine light came on. I have a 2001 camry 4 cyl engine auto tranny. I run the code reader and i get code P0420. code P0420 means Catalyst system Efficiency below Threshold (bank 1). what exactly does this means. also i live in the noetheast we just got hit with heavy snow. could all the slush being kick up into the car cause this problem? thank you for any help.

sanwan

:>Catalyst system :>Today my check engine light came on. I have a 2001 camry 4 cyl engine

Poor man.....

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Why? Perfect excuse to trade it in on a Mustang.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

sanwan wrote: > Catalyst system > Today my check engine light came on. I have a 2001 camry 4 cyl engine > auto tranny. I run the code reader and i get code > P0420. code P0420 means Catalyst system Efficiency below Threshold > (bank 1). what exactly does this means. also i live in the noetheast > we just got hit with heavy snow. could all the slush being kick up > into the car cause this problem? thank you for any help. >

And an 01 Toyota concerns this group, how??

Reply to
WindsorFox

Because his dorky ass little camry is fouling the air we breathe....

What is even more amazing is heavy snow near the first day of summer....

Though, sadly, it has snowed in northern Alberta in June...

Reply to
Jim Warman