CBS news & Mustang?

Saw a little blurb on news this morning in which Dan Rather mentioned something about a news report concerning the government wasting money on "this automobile" and they showed a picture of a Mustang.... implying that it was the Mustang. It's something that going to be on CBS news this evening.

What's up with that and what are they talking about?

Reply to
The Wes'ter

Dan Rather is an asshole.

Reply to
Chris1

That pretty much sums it up.

Reply to
GPF

Actually, I believe the PC term is "anally enhanced." ;-P

Guess we're all gonna have to watch CBS to find out what it is about... damn, I hate Dan Blather too...

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

He suffers from a common disease known as RCI. RCI stands for Rectal-Cranial-Inversion. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

| > Dan Rather is an asshole. | | | He suffers from a common disease known as RCI. RCI stands for | Rectal-Cranial-Inversion. | Erik D. | '94 white lightning

I always heard it as CRI: Cranio-rectal insertion

6 or 1/2 dozen :)
Reply to
Gary Rodgers

The major news media has been doing that with a picture of a gun for every crime story with or with out a gun involved for years! It seems to be working with brain washing the masses...

Reply to
351CJ

Nothing about the car specifically, but a Los Alamos lab employee purchased a car using what essentially is our tax money. Of course, a big cover-up was attempted when it was discovered.

The car happened to be a black convertible mustang that was souped up by what I think they said was "Performance Mustangs".

The segment did nothing to hurt the sales or reputation of the stang, but only to help it. They showed close-up shots of the grill and panned up to the hood with the scoop. they showed side and inside shots and a rear quarter shot. It outwardly looked like a late model black GT convertible.

At the opening of the evening news where a brief overview of the nights stories, Rather said something to the effect of "Mustang, nice car, but was it purchased with your tax dollars?".

John

Reply to
jriegle

LOL!! i think I like that one better! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Ok, I see the post about buying a mustang...

Yes, the blurb made it sound like the government was subsidizing the Mustang for Ford or such, it only showed a black Mustang and mentioned "you would be surprised were your tax dollars are going"

Reply to
The Wes'ter

All Mustang Performance located in Phoenix Arizona. It was quite the gossip around here when the story broke a couple months back.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

Dan Rather? Who gives a damn WHAT that AH says?

-JD

_________________________________ JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http://207.13.104.8/users/jdadams Please note: UCE is deleted at the ISP server level. Unless your address is on my 'accept list', your mail will never reach me. See my website for more information.

Reply to
JD Adams

LOL! I just found

.