Changing the timing belt on my car. Need advice.

My '97 Contour is the same way.

Reply to
Keith

Uh o, get out the way! She's out of estrogen and I'll bet she carries a gun :-P

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

What an idiot. This guy gets the prize.

le?vi?a?than ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-v-thn) n. 1. Something unusually large of its kind, especially a ship.

This doesn't make much sense, maybe he has been reading too many of those 'member enlargement' spam messages that have been going around.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

Several... pick a caliber.. any caliber.

Kate

| > Kate | >

| | | Uh o, get out the way! She's out of estrogen and I'll bet she carries a gun | :-P | | Dave | |

Reply to
SVTKate

ROFL....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yo.... buckwheat..... ya dragged your sorry ass away from your game cube long enough to post this request to a Mistsufrigginbishi NG only to receive absolutely no reply. Why the f*** didn't you dump on those folks? Instead, you come to a Ford group and proceed to embarass the crap outta your ass.

Eat shit and die, youy ricey bastuhd!!!!!

This public serice announcement brought to you by the resident curmudgeon......

Jim Warman

The fact that you asked this question pretty much indicates you should let someone else do the job.

A. The particulars do change from car to car, even the intervals between changes is different, even between different years of the same car and engine.

B. Very few motors in Mustangs use T-belts. The only one I can think of was the

2.3 and the turbo 2.3 (same basic motor with a T-03 and different internals) Everything else is push rod and timing chain.
Reply to
Morgan Bullard

.50 BMG? There aren't that many things I miss about the Army, but Ma Deuce is one of them, usually on my morning commute. That and being able to shoot your "customers". :)

Reply to
Morgan Bullard

No pushrods in the V8s since '96. They use chains, but they don't have pushrods.

Reply to
Keith

If you know so much, why the hell are you even asking anyone in this group?

Will the spark pug wires need to be moved?

Give us a break TROLL!!!! Or dumbass, whichever fits best!

I noticed you e-mail addy starts with "mechanic". If you are a mechanic, then I sincerely pity whoever has the misfortune of landing in your shop.

Any a mechanic would've immediately known that it doesn't matter what make and model the car is for the question I asked. I have the factory service manual for my specific car, and the Haynes service manual for this car which covers several different models. Neither manual mentions anything after the installation procedure of the timing belts. It explains how to align the marks on the sprockets with the corresponding marks on the cylinder head or engine block. I asked if after aligning whatever it is that needs alignment, do the spark plug cables go exactly the way the were when I disconnected the distributor cap? Or do the cables need to be readjusted and positioned differently? I also asked for tips (such as things that people may commonly overlook when performing this type of procedure). If you think that installing a timing belt is a extremely different task for different makes and models then you are wrong.

Reply to
CarFan

LOL.. My hubby has threatened to put a turret gun that pops up out the top of my snake

Kate

| > Kate | | .50 BMG? There aren't that many things I miss about the Army, but Ma Deuce is | one of them, usually on my morning commute. That and being able to shoot your | "customers". :) | | |

Reply to
SVTKate

ya cranky ol coot

get 'em Jim

Kate

| > After I put both the car's timing belts properly aligned, will the car | > be good to go after everything else is put back exactly the way it was? | > For example, will the spark plug cables work in the same position as | > they were before the belts broke or will the cables need to be | > readjusted somehow? What i'm trying to ask is: is the're another step | > after you install the timing belt? For some reason, I think that i'm | > going to install the belts and the car is not going to work properly. | > Any tips? Thanks | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate