CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Jeffery Privott opined in news:ZKqdndAwdY878 snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Get the memory codes!

-OR-

Go buy a dpfe sensor, egr valve and actuator, all new O2 sensors, a BAP sensor, remove all injectors for test and cleaning, New ECT and TPS sensors..

For a start...

Autozone or maybe other part store will read them out.. but come back here before buying anything! If the light is not on steady it's usually marginal problem but one that needs attention fairly soon

[Preach]: You have read and posted on alt.autos ford and here since august, you should know better than not get the codes first. [/preach]
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You can easily read the codes on that car. All you need is a paperclip to jump the diagnostics plug. Do a search on google on how to do it. I Did it all the time on my 95GT. Does the car have any hesitation when the light comes on , or right before it ? IF so, it might be the oxygen sensor(s) (it has 2) Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

I have a problem with my check engine light flashing in and out. The only time that the light flash is if I drive for a great distance ( 100 plus miles ). All gauges are reading normally and it goes out eventually. The only modification's to the car are mac headers cold air intake k&n air filter and 40 series flow master. The car is a 94 5.0. Any advice is greatly appreiated.

Ninja,

Reply to
Jeffery Privott

The check engine light has to do with the emissions system only. There should be no immediate threat.

Reply to
Mark