Check Oil Light

I have an 86 Mustang GT Convertible. The check oil light is almost always on...I have checked the oil, changed the oil and filter but the light is still on...occasionally it will go out but for no apparent reason....ANY Suggestions???

Reply to
earlykee

Unplug it.

Reply to
Jason O

Have you checked the oil pressure? There are two reasons it comes on, a lack of oil pressure or a bad oil pressure sending unit.

Reply to
Brent P

I believe there's an oil level sending unit plugged in to the oil pan on the driver's side. Try unplugging it.

Reply to
.boB

This happened to one of my friends and his oil pump was FAILING! Better make sure you have oil pressure!!!

Reply to
nospam