Chrysler's rapper/geezer ad a thing of ridicule

There are two radio ads running in Toronto making fun of this stupid Chrysler ad. One for a sub place, the other for a car dealership (not Chrysler). Another "Harley Earl" special bites the dust!!!

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich wrote in news:b26ki1dnl91bt2fo4btavs0caje84he1ne@

4ax.com:

You should see the stupid hip-hop Ford tv ad currently airing in SoFla. Freakin' pimp crap with dubs and everything. Idiots.

Reply to
Joe

You gotta ride it like ford ride it like ford You gotta ride it like ford ride it like ford

sooooooo Miami! i'm sick

Reply to
dave

It makes you wonder if these car companies actually know who buys their cars.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
trotzo

I noticed that, too. Awkward as hell. Must be used to swinging crowbars and aluminum bats.

Reply to
Wound Up

The whole Iacocca series of commercials don't entertain me in the least. When I see his face I think "minivan" and "K-car". Neither thought makes me want to run out and buy a DC car/truck. Plus, IMO, he is just too old to be a pitch man for the style of cars/trucks DC is pushing nowadays.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"When it comes to minivan airbags, you don't wait".

He invents the Mustang, gets fired by Henri Phoardd II because the new chief "didn't like him", then goes on to save Chrysler with a shitty but solid platform of many cars, cheap trim and ringy turbochargers. I agree it's time he get back to golf and prunes.

Neither thought

Yarp. 20 years ago, not so. Now, most definitely.

Reply to
Wound Up

In true hip-hop fashion, it's pronounced "Foad". Rhymes with toad.

"dave" wrote in news:NUEWe.1843$mw5.1679 @bignews3.bellsouth.net:

Reply to
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The "Foad" ad I mentioned was obviously produced by some local yahoos down here who think they're "in touch with the marketplace". However, the crowd they're trying to attract is already riding around in Escalades with 24" dubs.

Reply to
Joe

In 1979, they had Iaccoca and Frank Sinatra paired up to push the K-Car. The K-Car was a genius of an idea from a company that had almost killed itself by producing mostly huge sedans in an era when fuel (!) was skyrocketing in price and subject to a FAKE shortage. The K-Car saved Chrysler from the pit and the pairing of Iaccoca who projected real dynamism and Sinatra (who had universal appeal for most people except those who realized he was a little mafia-tied thug) was a brillaint move. Now, they seem to be getting their marketing heads from the schools for retarded people.

-Rich

Reply to
Rich

Yes, I agree. Even with the bailout loans, it was mostly on him to save Chrysler Corporation, which he did brilliantly with the minivan-to-Daytona K-Car platform and the marketing you spoke of. It is a great story.

Now, they seem to be getting their marketing heads

I think it's "let's try to hit the youth market as well as the well-of retired market simultaneously", then "let's get the moms and dads as well with the 'granddaughter commercial'".

All they did was leave me wondering how old Lido actually is, if he knows how stilted the delivery of his lines is, and how much Snoop had to be paid to roll around in his dubbed golf cart with him and do all that silly shit. At least they had Lido admit he didn't understand him. If he'd busted into some shtreet slang with Snoop, I would have had to vomit and throw things at the TV.

Reply to
Wound Up