Chysler Hemi; A disaster?

Chief_Wiggum opined in news:5bzSc.26721$Oi.1380@fed1read04:

sorry... my bad.. should'a been with small "aitch" and quotes..

my freakin 82 Escort was a "hemi"...

bottom line, "big deal!"... for biters, as in that commercial Dodge doesnt run anymore about the Dad teaching infant son what matters about cars

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It's self-evident that a line like "It will explode if any horsepower mods are done. Bottom end is weak" can be nothing but superstition. Any motor will "explode" or show its bottom end to be "weak" if you push it far enough. How many NHRA or even Nextel Cup events DON'T have one or more engines "explode"? So all the brands NHRA and NASCAR use are unreliable hand grenades? That doesn't leave much for us poor shadetree hot rodders.

180 Out

Joe wrote

Reply to
180 Out

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (180 Out) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

horsepower

Hell, it's a freakin' joke.

I guess we're all eventually doomed with our exploding engines.

Joe

I don't think they were. I had a 1960 Jaguar Mark 2 with a hemi straight-six (3.8L, DOHC). It made decent power for its time, but got lousy gas mileage -- which seems to be a hemi trait.

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim J

The first Chrysler Hemi was 1953. I should have added "to a large extent for a production car"... :-p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I took delivery of a 2005 GC Limited w/ HEMI(R) MDS. I am not pleased and not sure i want to fight it out with the dealer and chrysler or not.

Upon leaving the dealer: engine light came on and stayed on. Hesitation during normal exceleration. Dealer kept truck for 1.5 days and had the hole top of the motor apart and the chrsyler engineers on the phone. They chalked it up to a chafed wire connected to the MDS system. well i got my new jeep back and im very very upset.

yes it has monster power but it has these hesitations throughout exceleration that drive me nuts. They are not obvious jerk u back and forth hesitations. They are an unevenness in applyed power through exceleration. I HATE it. makes me feel like its not put together correctly. My wife has an escalade with a 345hp engine that is smooth as silk through power application. My HEMI is more like a 2 stroke kawasaki as it has high spots and low spots in power application from

1700 all the way up through 4000rps. I'm sorry guys im sure my terminoligy is not the best. I'm bummed. I love the truck. just started searching the groups to see if anyone else has the same problem.
Reply to
Tigger

"Tigger" wrote in news:1103246381.824015.28970 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

pleased

Hesitation

smooth

Don't know why you're posting about a Hemi in here, but keep taking it back until it's fixed. And DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Also, read up on any Lemon laws you may have. If the dealer won't/can't fix the car, you can go into arbitration with DC. They should be able to tell you how to do that. You can also contact DC directly. HTH.

Joe

".....My HEMI is more like a 2 stroke kawasaki as it has high spots and low spots in power application from 1700 all the way up through 4000rps. I'm sorry guys im sure my terminology is not the best. I'm bummed.....

So, are we just talking about flat spots in the acceleration curve? Or is the throttle response non linear? Does it really "come on" at a certain rpm?"

Are you looking for massive low end torque or what?

No offense my good man, but improper dealer pdi (preparation) and delivery has once again created another "automotive hypochondriac" . I have seen this before. You will now constantly be on the alert for any real or perceived problems with this Jeep forever.

It could have been a Ford, Chevy or any other vehicle. The fact that it was a Jeep does not matter.

Improper delivery creates dissatisfaction on a permanent basis. Sorry it happened to you.

Reply to
THOR

X-No-archive:yes Load it up with cans of gasoline,find a nice cliff and film it going over and bursting into flames.Sell the footage to any news,reality show that will pay. Buy yerself a Ford (or Mercury) Best J.Coug

Reply to
Joe Cougar

ROFLAMO!

Reply to