Class up Interior

First off, I'm a huge fan of my new '04 Mach 1. My one complaint is the interior on the Mustang leaves alot to be desired when compared to other cars I considered (350Z, RX-8, GTO, ect).

I've installed the chrome knobs and buttons and they help, but not cure. Are there any replacement molding kits out there? I suppose the existing ones could be painted, but that is something that I would screw up.

Any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

Reply to
bchic869

I've never seen replacement kits, but there are those wood/aluminum/carbon fiber overlay kits. My opinion is that they look crappy beyond belief.

Unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash, trifling improvements are all you'll accomplish.

You selected the Mustang over those other cars for some reason, it's probably just best to enjoy it for whatever attracted you to it in the first place.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Thanks Jim. The interior on the SN95 has never thrilled me, but the

5.3 0-60 and 13.7 1/4 for the Mach 1 does. Good thing speed was the biggest deciding factor.

Brian

Reply to
bchic869

See, that's funny... the interior of the SN95 was one of the things I liked the most about the car...

I had looked at Camaro's back then too, and I couldn't stand the fisher-price looking big klunky knobs on the dash... And even though the Ford is all plastic too, it just *looked* a lot nicer to me.. *shrug* I think the only thing I wasn't nuts about was the oval area around the shifter on the automatics... for some reason that looks weird to me..

wood/aluminum/carbon

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I agree with you CW, the interior is one of the things I like the most about my car. All of that aluminum stuff looks a little iffy to me. In fact, what they ahve done to the interior of the 05 is part of what I didn't like about it.

And THAT my friend, is why them make so many different kinds, for different tastes.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > Brian | >

| > > Unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash, trifling improvements are | all | > > you'll accomplish. | > >

| > > You selected the Mustang over those other cars for some reason, it's | > > probably just best to enjoy it for whatever attracted you to it in the | first | > > place. | > >

| > > Jim S. | > > '82 Mutant | |

Reply to
SVTKate

While I know this is a pretty subjective term, I just want the interior to be more 'interesting'. More color would help because the interior is so dark. When I bought the car, I knew its interior was the weak point.

There is an interior trim kit from Roush that is only $250, but the pictures on the site are not very good. I'd have to see a photo of them installed.

I've done a bunch of web searches and thus far haven't been able to find shops in the Milwaukee area that do interiors. They have to be out there . .

Reply to
bchic869

Is yours all one color, say all black?

| > I had looked at Camaro's back then too, and I couldn't stand the | > fisher-price looking big klunky knobs on the dash... And even though the | > Ford is all plastic too, it just *looked* a lot nicer to me.. *shrug* I | > think the only thing I wasn't nuts about was the oval area around the | > shifter on the automatics... for some reason that looks weird to me..

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah pretty much. There is the little bit of silver on the center console, but all pretty dark.

Ideally I'd want the center console and some of the door molding painted the same color as my exterior (bright blue), but I have yet been able to find a place that could do that kind of work.

Reply to
bchic869

Check with your local body shop, see who does vinyl repairs. The vinyl repair guys can dye and change things.

I think if mine were all the same color, I would change it too. Oh Yea! I DID! LOL I changed from a solid tan interior to the two tone that isn in the 95 series. Black and tan. Much better I think. But I was able to buy parts that were factory colors.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate