classic Mustang suspension upgrades

Can anyone comment on the Global West or RSS coils over front suspension upgrades versus Heihts Mustang II front end upgrade kits?

By price alone it seems that the Mustang II front-end kit provides more benefit because it also upgrades to disc brakes and rack-and-pinion steering at the same time. Also it eliminates the shock towers for the potential for a larger engine in the future.

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" wrote

From what I've read, it also shifts stress points to areas of the unibody that were NOT meant to carry those loads, thus weakening the entire structure. No thanks. I'd rather swap in a set of coilovers and leave the stress points alone since they were engineered to HANDLE those stresses. Albeit those were designed over 30 years ago for the most part, however, they HAVE to be stronger than the areas that were NOT designed to handle the entire weight of the car.

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang Sportsroof (Shelby Trans Am Clone)

Reply to
Blue Mesteno