Clock In Dash - 96 Mustang

My 96 Cobra has the clock that sits in a little bubble-like protuberance on top of the dash. Somehow, the bezel around the clock cracked. I am wondering how to get it out of there. The bezel looks like it isn't part of the main dash assembly, or the clock, but its own separate piece. Will the whole dash have to come apart? Will the dealer sell just that plastic bezel? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Christine Courty

The wart on the dash is a separate piece. It should pop right out. Check

for a replacement bezel.

Reply to
Jim S.

Wart??? I thought they called it a "Pod clock." Wish mine had one.

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Want to trade IPs?

Jim S. '82 Mutant

protuberance

Reply to
Jim S.

IPs? Sorry Jim, you lost me with that one.

Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks for the tips on wart removal. I appreciate it.

Reply to
Christine Courty

Since I don't have one any more, I cannot look at it to see how it comes apart. As far as the parts... what's keeping you from calling the parts department at your dealership and asking???? They may even be able to tell you how to disassemble it.

I'd almost be willing to bet that they will try and sell you the whole thing. That leaves you with used parts. In THAT case, ping Musttanguy (yes 2 Ts)

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch, or two.

| Thanks for the tips on wart removal. I appreciate it. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Instrument panels. I was merely trying to express my displeasure for my 95's clock tumor.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

I was never a fan of the clock in the pod... since just about every aftermarket sound system has a clock in it you wind up with 2 clocks if you upgrade the sound system. I always thought it might be cool to get a thermometer / compass out of an explorer or something, and cobble it into the pod. Althoughh I never thought it was cool enough to actually take the time to do it :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I have one of these available, please feel free to contact me personally (see below).

The 94-97 clock pods will pop right out, simply lift the front upward and then slide pod towards you. There is two clips holding it in front while there is a tab in the rear which prevents the rear from lifting up.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

There is an after market gauge pod that fits in that hole. It holds two 2

1/16th" gauges. I've had my eye on it for awhile but I can't decide which gauges to put in it. That, and I fear becoming one of those gauge-guys.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

I think it would be a hella cool place to put a radar detector!

Kate

| > > I'd almost be willing to bet that they will try and sell you the whole | > > thing. That leaves you with used parts. In THAT case, ping Musttanguy | (yes | > 2 | > > Ts) | > >

| > > Kate | > > 98 Cobra Drop Top | > > With a personal touch, or two. | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Tim. You da man!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I've thought so as well. all I need is a EE to design circuits and a PCB designer to layout the circuits so that they'll fit in the space. I can design a special housing.... maybe even keep a clock there next to the radar detector display :)

Reply to
Brent P