Clutch life stock vs. FRPP

Does anyone know if there is any designed in difference to clutch life between the stock 4.6L 10.5" clutch and the FRPP king cobra / HD clutch ?

Looking around online the stock OEM clutch disk and pressure plate is a lot more than even the king cobra clutch kit at LIST. And the king cobra and HD kits have the release/throw bearing included.

The throw out bearing is making a huge amount of noise on my car, clutch is fine, but at 151K miles it's probably going to be wise to replace it while everything is apart. Not going to know until it's opened up of course.

Reply to
Brent P

If I'm not mistaken, FRPP parts are sold without warranty. Years ago I went to purchase an OEM clutch cable but the parts counter guy suggested I buy the FRPP clutch cable & yoke kit because it was a lot cheaper and the same cable as the OEM cable but without warranty.

Reply to
C.J.

I was able to get them to come down significantly on the stock clutch parts. Still more than the king cobra kit, but a stock clutch is all I need and probably will ever need for that car. It's probably that they don't warranty the FRPP clutches at all, and given what I read about how they had to be installed perfectly or problems well, the decision was clear.

Reply to
Brent P