clutch wear

The clutch "feel" my stock 1996 32k mile Cobra seems to have changed. It seems like it is engaging higher up in the pedal travel than it used to. Is this an indication of the clutch reaching the end of its life? It seems to drive ok and the RPMS don't rise abnormally when it is floored in 5th gear. This is my first stick and I am not sure how to check for clutch wear. I did try the auto adjust by lifting up on the clutch pedal and then pushing it to the floor, but it still seems the same.

Thanks for any tips.

Reply to
Steve B

hey steve, let me know if you find out huh ? my 93 has 50k miles and has not needed clutch work...I am easy on it but am unsure what a worn clutch feels like too..

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

I've heard there is some trick you can do to check for a worn clutch. Something to do with dropping the clutch and the car not dying...? Damn, my memory! Maybe somebody else knows what the hell I'm talking about? LOL

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

No, it just means that it needs adjusting. As a clutch wears, the spot of engagement rises until it runs out of reach on top and will start slipping if you don't adjust it back down.

It seems to

Reply to
Ron Hammon

snip