Cobra 2004

Any one have a 04 Cobra convt. When will they be rolling out? OR when can we place an order for them. Plan on placing a order for a red one.

PA

Reply to
PW

I saw a Mystic 2004 'vert at Bell Ford in Phoenix. They wanted (IIRC) $5000 over the 38k sticker price.

I'm waiting for the 2006 Cobra.The salesman said it'll have about

450hp. BUT the wife says the '85 GT will have to go....

Hank Phoenix

Reply to
Hank

Oooh, glad I don't have a wife. I'd hate to hear those words come out of her mouth. I'd have to say something like, "I'm sorry, did you say something? I could've sworn you said something ridiculous like the GT has to go."

Reply to
Greg B.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:26:57 -0700, Hank wrote something wonderfully witty:

Just tell her if that is the case you may have to trade her up as well. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

They're out now. One of my local dealers has several, including Mystichrome. Go get one :).

Reply to
Dan Talso

they're out at a dealer near you !

Rein

450? jesus. I had heard around 425 but stil havnt had any confirmation yet. I also heard they will run 12.1's. If thats the case, the 2005 cobras will be able to keep up vipers and corvettes. right?

BTW, i wonder when the camaro/firebird will come back, and if so, wil it be retro

idahoprime

Nope, as a resident smart ass I have to come back and tell you that the

2005 cobra will not be fast. It won't exist, that's why. Now, the '06, that'll be a beast :) Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

all right allright, gimme some details...ive missed this somehow.....ok ok, shortened year, no cobra. any sites with info on the 06?

Reply to
idahoprime

No SVT for '05 except the non SVT branded GT. No more SVT Focus, the Lightning concept is showing on the auto show circuit, and there is nothing but rumors about the '06 SVT Mustang. (one of which is it will no longer be called a Cobra)

Reply to
WraithCobra

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:59:40 -0500, "WraithCobra" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ah, but what about in `06? I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Like I said, the concept for the '06 Lightning is doing the auto show circuit and there is nothing but rumors about the '06 SVT Mustang. The rumors say it will be more aggressive looking, more like the concept, have the same supercharged 4.6 of the current Cobra but rated at 425 horses, and of course IRS. It might have an auto trans option like in the Jag, maybe with paddle shifters. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a manual trans controlled by the computer that is clutched and shifted by hydraulics. There are also rumors of using a twin screw on the existing Cobra 4.6 for a factory 475-500 horsepower or use that V10 prototype engine but I doubt it. Also, rumor is it will not be called a Cobra and instead be called a GT350 or GT500. I think GT500 would be ok if it had 500 horses, but I don't want any rocker stripes. I like the clean looks of the current Cobra and would not like to see any stripes unless they were an option.

Reply to
WraithCobra