Cobra 4-Door Sedan And Cobra Ute?!

Do we want these?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

So exactly, who, sits in the back seat? Not I.

Reply to
GILL

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Obvious answer: Yes. Counter question: Why wouldn't we?

Reply to
Joe

Eh, they're Aussie Falcons. The ute is kind of interesting, tho.

Which poses the question: Would a Mustang ute be cute?

...Sorry.

John B.

John B.

Because we can't have a four-door Mustang/Cobra.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Long live the Aussies.... :p

Reply to
WindsorFox

Your 8 yo.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Station wagons and family sedans, people need em, but they'll never be cool. BTW I'm a lifer single guy.

Reply to
GILL

Are vehicles like these successful in non US markets? I am specifically referring to the "ute" version showm in the pictures. In the US, the Chevy SSR and the Subaru Baja come to mind as similar cars that did not preform to expectations, and were axed after only 4 years. I suppose they probably won't have that much trouble if they are only making 100, but is the demand there for more?

Clark

Reply to
CBeech

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1191978062.819249.205890 @g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Well, that's because Ford can't/won't make it. But why ax a hi-po vehicle because it doesn't fit within a prescribed mindset? IMO _any_ hi-po vehicle is a good thing.

Reply to
Joe

I thought the Cayenne was a mistake.

duh-wight

Reply to
dwight

I disagree! Nomads, Magnums and WRX wagons are very cool! And old

50s, 60 and 70's and even the older 90's caprice wagons can easily be made cool.

BTW -- I'm a guy who carted his family around in 5-oh LX hatch.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Clark,

The SSR was a poorly designed vehicle that was overpriced.

The Baja was just plain freaking ugly.

I think if a manufacturer did their homework on a "ute" and came up with something that looked good, offered some utility, and was priced right they would sell plenty.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

IMO, it is.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Joe, you should know you're singing my song. I agree 100%!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

OK, I forgot about the Nomad, other than that, the rest don't do anything but carry people and stuff. My (two door) Ranger does that.

I'm very closed minded to anyone trying to convince me that a family or UT vehicle is cool. My opinion. Not that they are wrong to have, just not cool. They are longer, weigh more, flex more and carry more people for Junior to kill wrapping around on that telephone pole.

I can't tell how saddened I've felt after seeing a

57 Chevy coming down the street, and it catches my attention only notice as it goes by, that it's a four door. YUCK!
Reply to
GILL

Wagons are getting popular. Check out some of the big car shows. Seems some are tired of doing another Camaro/Mustang and opt to get/do some different than the rest of the crowd. The hot setups right now seem to be late 60's/early 70's Pontiac & Buick wagons. They drop in a big inch motor with lots of crank/stroke, often a stick shift and add some factory rally wheels or old Cragars. With all the chrome trim on a massive body and thumping motor under the hood, they get plenty of double takes.

Very cool stuff!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

That's all fine. But for me, my vehicles have to be functional. And for me it's transport and haul, (my Ranger) and auto sports (auto-x/open coarse) spirited driving. And form just follows function, my hauler looks like a truck, and I think my Mustang looks cool. The only "dress-up" item it has is window tints, and even that has a use. Wagons doing wheelies down the strip always look freaky to me.

Reply to
GILL

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Hope Michael didn't read this... ;)

Reply to
Joe

Can someone please tell me WHY the Australian versions of the BIG american car companies seem to make WAY more interesting cars? Both in design and power?

Scott W. '69 Mustang Sportsroof 400W/stroked '68 Ranchero 500 302

Reply to
Scott W.