Cobra air pump problem..

The electrical air pump in my '96 Cobra wont shut off. I didnt notice it the other night so it just ran and ran and sucked my battery dry. As soon as i go to jump the car the pump starts goin to town again.

Anybody here have any experiences with this? Ive never dealt with these electrical airpumps before, only the good ole' belt driven ones on the old 5.0. Not sure if its the pump itself or maybe a bad relay.. have no idea where to start lookin. Anybody have some suggestions? Thanks,

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comm (WhyteStang) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m27.aol.com:

What about just cutting power to it? Will that trigger the CEL?

Joe

hey whitestang,

i just bought a 99 red stang a week ago and i had exactly the same problem over the weekend...had to disconnect the battery...my CEL is on and has a code 113..."intermittent intake temp circuit"...was yor CEL on too?...the local mechanic wants to change both the pump and the relay...$400+.. :(( how did ya solve yor problem? was it the relay, or the pump or both?

Reply to
tachyon

Well I tried to jump it again. The pump stopped whirring, but now it wont start. Just cranks and cranks but wont turn over. So I just took it to the dealer tonight, will let you know tomorrow. And no, CEL didnt come on.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

hey whitestang ya do lete me know what yor dealer says....my CEL is still on and the code is 1413...low input on secondary air intake circuit....besides the CEL the car runs fine.... i am not sure whther the air pump is starting on now...but the "not stopping pump" problem is no longer there...i woul appreciate yor input

tachyon

Reply to
tachyon